Airbag

For those that like a bit of modern prog with delightful soundscapes the latest effort from Airbag is very good.

Gary

11 Likes

I’ve discovered them this year when “On the Beach” popped up in a Roon playlist. I’ve been really enjoying the whole catalogue since :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Agree, delightful sounding band - echoes of Gilmour / Wright and mellow Porcupine tree.

Gary

1 Like

Airbag are a great discovery for me too. Heavy PF influence which is no bad thing but they aren’t a PF clone

1 Like

Yes agree, quite unique and their songs have that dreamy feeling Floyd created with some of their earlier work.

Not a band I know much about, will go and see if I can find a track or two to listen to online.

The cover seems to be promoting cruelty to teddy bears, which is apparently on the rise in my locality.

2 Likes

If you enjoyed Airbag I’d also recommend Altitude by Lifesigns. Soaring melodies, superb production, currently my most played album.

2 Likes

Another vote for this one, all the Lifesigns albums are great :sunglasses:

Just waiting for it to come out on bandcamp :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can only buy Lifesign’s music from their web site, though there is a trial thing on Tidal and You Tube. They are one of the UK prog bands taking a stand against low revenue streaming and trying to get paid for their work. Anyway, well worth a plunge and they have hi-res downloads on their web site.

I didn’t know that, I suspect must be tough for bands that want their music out there to take a stand against the big streaming services……

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.