Akiko Audio tuning sticks

You must be using the wrong method. Have you tried a piping bag instead of a ladle?

2 Likes

I took 100 people, 50 orientated in each direction and got a skilled operative to insert 100ml of rice pudding into each end of each person, using a piping bag. It was repeated 50 times using precisely the same consistency of pudding. Initially I tried to get the operative to undertake the testing blindfolded, but it all got a bit messy. There was a clear difference in the ease of rice flow depending on insertion direction, with no statistical difference caused by orientation. I wrote up the paper, had it peer reviewed and ultimately published in the Journal of Fluid Mechanics.

I’m looking for a research assistant and Svetty may well fit the bill, with a clearly developed grasp of scientific method.

3 Likes

You should try yourself first , test and return if not satisfied. If it works you can share, it will be interesting.
There are so many decouplers or isolation devices on the market : isoacoustics gaia , stillpoints, finite elemente, and thousands and thousands more. Very unlikely that you find someone here having tested these akitos.

Superb

On a related note, wondering if anyone has tried one of the iFi AC purifiers, the white round thing one plugs into a power strip to clean up noise on the line?

I know there’s more expensive ones by other manufacturers as well. Not something I would use with my Naim gear, but thinking maybe the Roon NUC, switch, modem, etc server closet, which shares the circuit with my office that has computers, Drobos, printers, chargers, led lights, etc etc. Also offers surge protection.

The round white thing - are you getting confused with suppositories?

It’s hard plastic with three prongs (for us US users) coming out of one end. But, hey, whatever floats your boat! I guess you could call it a power suppository.

1 Like

If only they did long pointy ones. I’m sure that would make my ramen noodles taste divine.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.