Album of the year 2020

Living proof!

Dangit, mine also comes from
October.

Does it count that it was supposed to be released early in 2020 and got delayed due to Covid?

Jazz:

2 Likes

Soul:

Claire Bryant. Too hot

1 Like

Which one are you going for?

a corona story, so where the band experienced the pandemic. great for me, sung in German. will probably be difficult for many of you to understand.

1 Like

Ah ok, though I could one by category. So I choose Claire Bryant.

1 Like

Ghosteen for me by Nick cave and the bad seeds

4 Likes

There are so many nice recordingsā€¦

Iā€™d choose the following for its brilliant interpretation and outstanding recording quality.

And I did listen to it countless times.

16 Likes

It is something special. This and Skeleton Tree remains a hard listen for me though.

I almost put this as number one - it is my most listened to album of the year

1 Like

Very good taste Andy.

2 Likes

Looks like this is currently No 2 in poll behind Bob Dylan as not much convergence.

Still McCartney III is due out in December and everyone has forgotten Fantastic Negrito.

1 Like

Doves, The Universal Want

Pan Amsterdam, HA Chu

Not quite an album (an EP), Martha Hill, Summer up North

Dave

Got to pick one!

So many good albums to choose from. I see both Mojo and Uncut have gone for Bob Dylanā€™s album as the best of the year and very fine it is too. @AndyP is correct, Iā€™d forgotten about Fantastic Negrito! There have also been fine albums from Frazey Ford, Craven Faults, Jason Isbell, Six Organs of Admittance, The Necks, Destroyer, Waxahatchee and Drive By Truckers. There are other contenders, but Iā€™ve not had chance to hear them yet. If pushed though, one album has stood out for me:

IMG_0610

The self-titled album from Bonny Light Horseman. Tremendous.

5 Likes

Doves it is!

Dave

1 Like

Following the Uncut & Mojo polls just bought Jason Isbellā€™s album which Iā€™d overlooked - great album.

1 Like

Good call!

ā€œGhosteen for me by Nick cave and the bad seedsā€

ā€¦this was a 2019 release.

2 Likes