Album you are supposed to Love but you just hate it

There are albums that we are “suppose” to love because they are some of the best ever recorded, but you just can’t do it. List how many you want, it’s Christmas. Mine is Beach Boys Pet Sounds, just can’t get through it.

5 Likes

Bob Dylan’s entire catalog.

19 Likes

Agree on Pet Sounds. Nothing about it turns me on.

4 Likes

Sorry everyone…DSOTM and anything by the fab four…

2 Likes

TBH I have never been interested in getting albums that everyone else have got just because you should.

“Astral Weeks” and “Moondance” by bloody Van bloody Morrison.

14 Likes

OK Computer. Play it occasionally and then shake my head.

9 Likes

Radiohead - OK computer, just don’t get it. Bit of heresy as Thom Yorke grew up in the village where I live.

2 Likes

Spooky

1 Like

‘Grace’

G

4 Likes

Funnily enough, I was about to post this when saw other refs above…

3 Likes

Long time since I played DSOTM but love it.

Radiohead.

Great band, but…Thom Yorke…
:grimacing:

1 Like

Ah…but “Veedon Fleece” ?

1 Like

Same for me. Beach Boys Pet Sounds. I actually bought it on vinyl as it is supposed to be a classic album. I tried playing it again the other day. Played side 1 and that was enough. I just don’t get why it’s rated so highly.

2 Likes

Lol. I really like those 2 but then again I do like Van!

1 Like

Anything by Bruce Springsteen. I just don’t get it, bland rock personified to me

11 Likes

That is a concept I’ve never understood: no matter how good the recording, if I don’t like the music I don’t like the music, full stop. Making it clearer or whatever will not alter my taste!

(I presume ‘live’ is a typo and you meant ‘like’)

There was a thread a while back called something like 100 recommended LPs, of which I had maybe one album in my collection and most of the rest I wouldn’t entertain owning. I was rather unpopular making an observation along the lines of this current thread’s theme!

+1 for VM

1 Like

Same as the last thread about most hated album/song. Dark Side Of The Moon, don’t get it at all, most overrated and boring album in my opinion. Its daft really as its influenced a lot of music I listen to and like but to me it’s a no no.

3 Likes