Album you are supposed to Love but you just hate it

Paul Simon - Graceland. I have tried to listen to it several times, but my ears keeps rejecting it.

5 Likes

Wonderful album as well as being seminal! Just shows how people can have very different tastes in music (and different preferences for music replay systems). However, I DON’t think I’ve ever heard DSOTM described as “an album you are supposed to love”, rather just it is a wonderful album within its genre.

1 Like

Nah, I think that’s 5hit as well… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

+1 Astral Weeks…and -for me- Exile on Main Street (Stones), Genesis everything…
ahh…and everything from Wagner and Mahler.

2 Likes

Trout Mask Replica by Capt Beefheart

2 Likes

Forgive my typos, sometimes it seems English is a second language for me. This is all in fun. My expanded list included Bob Dylan, Aerosmith, and Ted Nugent. Just hate them with a passion. Yet others, just love them. That’s what’s great about music we all have the freedom to choose what we like.

Consistency at least :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Didn’t you say nice things about (erghhhh) Van Halen?

LOL :laughing:

1 Like

Ha! Great thread! Agree with some of the above…tried so hard with Dillan. More recently, tried with 'fetch me bolt cutters, RTJ, Punisher and I’m sorry but …I just can’t find anything to feel about these at all…and how ‘to pimp a butterfly’ is so highly rated its beyond me… I love what I love and my dt8s are so true in what I hear (I ABSOLUTLY love the tone poets and so happy this year that so much wonderful repressings have made it out

• 1 Gave away Kid A to jazz loving colleague. But have really got into OK Computer in last two years.

Anything by The Beatles. As someone in their mid 40s, there’s a fair amount of 60s music I enjoy and/or appreciate as ground breaking and revolutionary. But the Fab Four and the whole Merseybeat scene just hits me as jangly pop churned out ad nauseum much like most chart music since… Although I have a huge soft spot for early to mid 80s pop due to my age…
Christ, I’m turning into a grumpy old man… :joy::joy:

2 Likes

And for those saying they don’t like OK Computer, or DSOTM - I love both of them, but can totally understand how they can be perceived as arrogant or experimental tosh…

Anything by Ed Sheeran, I could not name the albums because I immediately change it when I hear him.

4 Likes

Please leave the room and do the decent thing now…

G

Every picture tells story. It’s the benchmark of how old I 'm getting and how quickly I can hit the off button.EveryPictureTellsaStory

1 Like

Unless it’s sung by somebody else!

Any of the Yes albums.

2 Likes

A Love Supreme

… and Lord knows I’ve tried.

1 Like

Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon…
I love Pink Floyd, but this to me just feels lacking and contrived… perhaps trying a bit too hard.

1 Like

:grinning: yes…the only Coltrane album I can hear is „Ballads“

3 Likes

Reminds me of the old joke about Saatchi & Saatchi: “Every picture sells a Tory”

3 Likes