Album You’ve Forgotten & Not Played For Years

…and it’s actually really good…

Robben Ford ‘Supernatural’.

Yours?

G

Distraction… or maybe focus on another type of music ( Caused by mood )

5 Likes

Robert Quine & Fred Maher - Basic.

I dug this out a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

I also came across a 10” album by The The called Hanky Panky which I’ve never played!! Must put that right some time.

2 Likes

On vinyl, this gentle melodic album by the lovely late Lesley Duncan, and which I bought in the year of its release in 1971.

Lesley Duncan - “Sing Children Sing”.

Lesley Duncan

2 Likes

I thought I was the only one who owned that - of it’s time but Quine was a brilliant guitarist.

1 Like

Cherry Red recently re-issued all of Lesley’s albums in two sets. Just a beautiful album and a regular spin for me.

1 Like

Hi Andy,

I am a big Lou Reed fan which is how I first became aware of Robert Quine. I bought the album when it first came out and it was great to play it again. The Jody Harris/Robert Quine album Escape has just been reissued on vinyl which I bought recently and enjoyed that as well.
Incidentally I also like Annette Peacock and have a few of her albums so maybe our unusual tastes overlap somewhat.

Prem.

1 Like

I have such an album that I forgot about—problem is I can’t remember what it is. :thinking: :wink:

Apologies for the emojis.

1 Like

After years I am listening to Hellmut Hattlers album “Bass Cuts” again.

Hellmuts outstanding and famous bass performance brings a nice flavour to the electronic music vibes. My favourite song on it is “Delhi News”.

Perfect Sunday afternoon.

1 Like
1 Like

McDonald and Giles. Good musicians. Only album from the pair following departure from King Crimson.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Linda Thompson - One Clear Moment. I’d pretty much forgotten this existed until Dav301 played it on the WAYLT thread, and I grabbed the 35 year old slab of vinyl and gave it its first spin for many years. Classy mid’80s pop-rock from a fine singer with a fine band.
I seemed to buy a lot of vinyl in 1985, I wonder if that was caused by upgrading my Trio KD1033B to a Roksan Xerxes.

3 Likes

One I’d forgotten about and was reminded of on tv the other night was
Bonzo Dog Do Dah Band. - Gorilla album.

I think it will stay forgotten !!!

Enjoying some rough rock music on my brand new Uniti Atom. Last listening to that album? Maybe 2008? Rediscovering the collection is very nice …

4 Likes

Microdisney “Crooked Mike” LP neglected by streamers as the great Cathal Coghlan is by history frankly

1 Like

Crooked Mile.

Bloody autocorrect!

Great album by the way. Must dig my copy out for a spin. Big fan of them. Have most of their albums on vinyl from back in the day. Saw them live a few times also.

Not entirely forgotten but haven’t listened to it for many years. Dragged it out to see how it sounds on the new cart.
Bliddy marvellous.

8 Likes