Albums or artists that really grate on you

Oh now you go to far!

Nobody slates t’ Transfer.

Altogether now “Ra Da Da da Da”

Mind they can’t be played so much as if to bother you nowadays…?

1 Like

This is a really good album

Threads like this go absolutely nowhere .
They always just end up as I hate this band or artist posts.
Totally pointless IMO.

1 Like

Red Hot Chilli Peppers. I happened to catch a clip of them in that Stuart Copeland documentary the other day. Jeez, they are fcuking annoying. That strident wackiness of theirs really grates. Absolutely horrible - they make me feel like filling my ears up with liquid latex in order to avoid hearing. Bloody irritating to look at too. :face_vomiting::rage:

1 Like

Nothing wrong with the Red Hots.
Chad is a brilliant drummer that makes the craft look so easy.
See what I mean ?
This is descending into A I hate thread.:roll_eyes

1 Like

I would rather use “intense dislike” or detest. Since we’re on the case, anything by that bloke who shall remain nameless or Paul Weller.

Tony,
TBH I really don’t see your point .
Get along to Putney for the Ian McNabb gig Feb 2

I agree, he’s a great drummer, but so what? Their music is awful, and their presentation and image is supremely wearisome.

Sting is a great bassist, but that doesn’t mean his solo output doesn’t prompt sentient beings to throw themselves off cliffs in order to avoid hearing it.

3 Likes

It’s quite alright, I don’t like Putney either.:wink:

Kevin,
Get yourself and that band your promoting to Putney Feb 2nd for the Ian McNabb gig and I will buy you a pint.
If you can’t make it ?
Islington for Ian’s full band Icicle Works gig ?

@Specs - we’re playing at the Half Moon tomorrow night, as it happens.

Can’t make the 2nd as Ese is playing with the Alabama 3 that night. :sunglasses:

Your wasted and should get out more.:icecream::fries::beer::hamburger::cake::+1:
Putney is just down the road from you by car and bus.
Tube even faster.
Thought you liked seeing live bands and artists ?
Have you become a old grump ?

You hurt my feelings. I thought we’re going to be best pals. :sunglasses: might catch you at the icicle works gig. Just around the corner from me!:wink:

That’s a good idea.
For some reason I always thought you lived near Hammersmith ?

No, but saw some of the best gigs of my life at the old Ham Odeon, Including one of the last performances by the late Miles Davis. Front row seats. Pure magic!

1 Like

Kate Bush - The Sensual World - owned this for nearly 30 years I think but can’t get away with this album at all. Tried numerous times and cannot get past the 2nd track. Must try again sometime as I am sure I must be missing something.

1 Like

Totally agree.

The musical snobbery on this thread reminds me of why I couldn’t stand John Peel, the Radio 1 DJ. Not to be confused with John Peel, the Radio 4 presenter, who was a completely different kettle of fish.

1 Like

The caterwauling of Berk, I mean Bjork.

steve

1 Like

I guess I was not clear enough in trying to keep it to supposedly ‘classic’ albums rather than just a free for all.

Some interesting replies though :joy:

G

Every now and then, someone takes a snipe at another forum member for their taste in music. I regard this as bad form, so maybe it’s good to have a thread where people can get it off their chest without offending anybody, although given that this is about music you hate, I think the Padded Cell would be the correct place for it.
My view is that there is nearly always someone, somewhere, who gets real enjoyment from music that you hate. For example, I defy any of you to claim that you’ve had more fun listening to music than my daughter and her mates, singing along to the Spice Girls, or some other **** when she was in her early teens. A different sort of enjoyment, perhaps, but none the worse for it.

Happily, as far as the generation gap goes, it seems to work both ways.

Spent many a happy day in the the car singing along with the back seat to Oasis or All Saints,
to be repaid years later, when my daughter, newly started at Uni. told me that her flat mate much preferred the music I had pre-loaded on her new iPod to her stuff.

It’s not often one gets the chance to impress a then 17 year old, but I was chuffed to bits!

1 Like