Albums or artists that really grate on you

Name some…

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or condescending?

1 Like

Curious…?
:slightly_smiling_face:

I did include the whole of classical music in my list of graters if that helps! Sorry about Enrico for Ludovico - I can barely tolerate thinking about him, let alone listening to him!

I think this is a very useful thread which lets off steam for people who are annoyed by threads praising artists they can’t stand yet are too polite to crap on those threads! I think all assertions in this thread should be accepted without challenge, although my fingers did twitch when Astral Weeks came up…

1 Like

pev,

don’t think about LE if it makes you feel sick. I’ve known the guy for 40 years or so, and he is a sensible, kind and actually no-frills man who has had an idea, people have bought it no gun at their temple, and moreover his largest market and basin of devotes is just UK.
As for the second part of your post, you’re right: forums are made for the exact purpose of allowing people the illusion to have an audience for their opinions. If one manages to be annoyed by an opinion – something with a little less value than a chewed gum – expressed by someone under pseudonym on a virtual place devoted to a single brand, and mistakes an opinion for an assertion, better perhaps limit oneself to give advice if he can, about what he knows, and not waste time with what one hates.

Best
M

I agree. The very thought of him makes me want to whack him one with a garden shovel :smile:

This may seem very generic but I’m instantly put off any album where there’s some bloke on the cover looking as though he’s about to spurt his load simply by virtue of holding/twanging a guitar.

It’s not that I don’t enjoy guitars but there’s this kind of supercilious pose that guitar players have that just bores and irritates me.

I guess you could extend this to classical covers where the poor artists are made to pose with their instruments, and it may all be the labels pushing their instrumental talents, but the non-classical imagery really grates as there’s usually more to the artist/band than simply their guitar.

Sorry…

It’s taken me years to get that pose right…

2 Likes

Well said, that was my impression of this thread, however it’s a pity some people seem to take it to heart and feel they need to defend their taste in music. That could be hole different post.

It’s just meant to be a bit of fun.

1 Like

well… I have put my brave pants on. I’m sorry to the all the devoted…but…but I really really don’t like Pink Floyd. Sorry! I’ve tried. I’ve tried to understand what the fuss is all about. I bought Division Bell when it came out… but it just bored me. And what is it about dark side of the moon and all that wailing that goes on on the great gig in the sky…? And all the random ‘berkshire’ accented twitterings… Sorry!

5 Likes

CLANG !!!
That was a pin dropping amidst the deathly silence …:wink:

BTW…you left your coat.

3 Likes

I can recognise and understand each of the individual words in your post, but that combination of words in that order just doesn’t make any sense! Perhaps your post has been corrupted in some way. Do you want to try again?

6 Likes

I must admit (at the risk of being ostracised by all but one of the naim community) that I’m not a Pink Floyd fan either. the odd track here and there are ok but listening to a whole album, in one sitting…? :weary:

1 Like

OMG…it’s spurned all-out mutiny…

5 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

I have been racking what passes for my brain as to my top 20 favourite albums for that other thread but having read through other’s lists, mine would be most un naim like.

2 Likes

And good for you, your right.

Anything by Morrisey :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Another mutiny?..this one I’ll happily join :+1:

1 Like

Careful PB, HH might still be swimming these waters!