Allae

I’m hoping to land a pair as soon as some good examples come along. In recent times there have been some really nice pairs going at extraordinary low prices.

Many months ago I tried to sell my mint cherry Allaes with all the accessories after purchasing a pair of cherry SL2s.
Starting price £500 then gradually whittled to £400, then a cheeky fellow offered £250!!! I pulled the sale and built a second system with a UQ2 best decision and what a fantastic setup this is :blush:

2 Likes

You have got to wonder about the origin of the name, which is written on the upper (hidden) surfaces of my two lower boxes as: ‘allæ’

It seems totally out of kilter with Naim’s other speaker names.

The name ‘Allae’ (with the ?Danish? “æ”) is indeed peculiar. If have read in a German hifi mag that it stems from the English word “ally” - and all I can say is that mine are really good allies for my electronics!

1 Like

Paul Stephenson once replied to a thread on the old forum and explained the thinking behind the name Allae but I cannot find it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.