Allaes fuelled by a Qute

…see Naim Allae Requirements
:grin:

2 Likes

If you can find a pair in NYC, I say go for them and take the Naim synergy to the max. I recognise though that Naim speakers might be a bit niche in the US. (They are heavy, so transport costs might be a bit prohibitive if they are not a local find).

Chris

Thanks Chris, appreciate your thoughts. I’m definitely looking out for a pair locally, the Allaes the Canadian dealer had listed already sold. About a year ago, I was close to buying Allaes from the wonderful Alastair at Signals but we both agreed it would be too risky to ship safely. He mentioned that Naim likely still had stock of some parts for them (ie Paxo’s). Interestingly, a pair of DBL’s are listed on Audiogon - never seen them listed before but WAY out of my league…

2 Likes

Ah. I bought mine from Signals. One of my best audio buys ever :slight_smile: Hope you find a pair. Definitely worth seeking out. But you knew that was my opinion already.

2 Likes

Bit early I know but the wife and I are putting up the Christmas decorations this afternoon and in the background pumping out the tunes is the UQ2 and Allaes, I must be blessed with the best UQ2 / Allaes Naim ever made as sound is sublime.

3 Likes

Reminds me how good my SL2s sounded in my office driven by a UQ2 for over a year. People said i was mad on here, and i was happy to just enjoy the setup😀

2 Likes

I remember reading about your UQ / SL2 setup with interest, everyone harps on that the SL2s only work with a 300 upwards one day I may give this ago myself with my SL2s :wink:

1 Like

SL2s will “work” with even just a NAIT. In fact, I rather enjoyed driving them with a NAP110 and also with a NAIT 2.

4 Likes

Funny you should mention those two Richard. I loved my Nait2 and Nap110 with them, and even more so, my Nap160, maybe the best i heard them in my small room.

It was once suggested to me at head office that Naim speakers ‘need’ 30W.

^^^ Which pleased me no end :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Aren – Accent on Music in Mt. Kisco had a gorgeous pair of rosewood Allaes the last time I was there. Might be worth a call!

1 Like

Well I’ve got 32!
:+1:

And thread post 32

2 Likes

Bingo!

Thanks for the lead, I’ll check them out - they’re not far at all and I’ve heard nice things about that place.

1 Like

Surely, buckle my shoe, thirty two!

1 Like

5 and 2 Nac 52!

1 Like

Danny La Rue :slight_smile:

1 Like

On it’s own. Naca 5!