Allnic h7000 is finally here

I wasn’t aware of this “sub-culture” (previous Naim owners) in the Naim group, but I think it’s reallyo interesting hearing the experiences and opinions of how the sound of other brands compares to Naim. Admittedly, I haven’t visited hifi shops or listened to any systems other than mine for many years, especially given Covid, so don’t know how my current system would “rank” in terms of other “audiophile” systems.
Best of luck with your system upgrades.

1 Like

Hi @Dunc
When you part ex’d your 500dr,
Did you part ex it with the powerline?

Thanks

Mark

Hi
Mine was from a time when it did come with one,
So it has the standard cable

Has Richard sorted out your noisy power supply yet?

No not yet

1 Like

Well finally all sorted and lovely and quiet.
So valve burn in can now really start.
But i did also have another problem, but this one caused by myself. Yesterday i had a very pleasant day with 2 nice gents, that popped up to listen to my system and will be writing about what they thought off it all.
Well during all this, we tried some vinyl, and it was poor really. We put it down to the phono stage and its power supply having about 2 hours on all its valves.
But luckily i unplugged the phono stage to use my tape deck, plus i used some old nordost blue xlr’s cables to connect the phono stage back up to the vitus sia030. In doing this i have used a different input obviously as was using rca’s before, well the difference was huge and much more like i was expecting it should sound.
Well on the vitus you can adjust each input for lots off different things, like gain, sensitivity, and the like. The settings on this one input had been adjusted and completely messed up the sound. Just glad i found it really as i wasn’t looking for it, but i was a bit worried about how my new phono stage was sounding now it was all working as it should.

Anyway the burn in now can start, and looking forward to the valves burning in and an even nice sound being presented.

Cheers dunc

4 Likes

Will you try finally the Heisenbergs ?

No not now, but the Humboldt is still on the cards to try, but really enjoying the combo i have now.
Plus after yesterday, i get the feeling i have managed to put together a very good sounding system, that works very well in my room, i could easily ruin it all, or just go sideways. Sometimes you need to know when to stop, and really looking forward to what is written about yesterday.

3 Likes

Balanced out of the Allnic into balanced Vitus input is definitely the way to go…

2 Likes

I’ve never tried the balanced out, will have to give it a go. Would XLR - RCA work or would it have to be XLR - XLR?

You need a true balanced amp with balanced xlr inputs, luckily the vitus is a true balanced amp with all inputs being balanced, it will even convert the 2 unbalanced rca inputs to balanced, but would rather not use that, and just use the xlr inputs.

But its not that what caused my problem, it was the settings that you can alter on each input individually that caused the issue.

The first time i tried it i used the chord music xlr’s that i use for my vivaldi, obviously i had i few issues with a whilst from one valve through the right speaker, and a very loud humming power supply, both now sorted. But i stopped using it as it was just not right and worried about doing damage. But between this, i swapped over to my good quality tron rca’s as i don’t have another good quality xlr’s, and forgot to check the input settings.

2 Likes

I sent Dunc an AVShowrooms video on Youtube (06 May 2022) with a Humbolt and some more affordable/budget YG Acoustics Peak Series - Summit speakers. It sounds and looks like an interesting little (if not still quite expensive) system.

Not sure if I’m allowed to post the video here or not.

1 Like

Thanks Dunc, I’ll have to wait then to try that as I don’t have a balanced amp/pre at the moment.

1 Like

Yes, you need a pre amp with balanced inputs to get the best result. A XLR/RCA cable will probably not give you want you want…Best to stick with RCA/RCA connections .

1 Like

Someone here went from 552/500 to the Humboldt. But he unfortunately disappeared. He opened a thread on the best audio integrated and finally ordered the Humboldt. But didn’t shared after.

1 Like

I have spoken to a few people about the humbolt, its ment to be very good.
It has a different sound to the vitus, the vitus being class A, seems to add a little warmth over what the humbolt will do, whereas the humbolt is more neutral.
But both offer a very detailed, revealing sound, and it looks like its more down to what you like best in your system, rather than one is better than the other.
But as said silverstone audio is only a few miles away from me, and we have spoken about me trying the humbolt, so we will see how it goes against the sia030.
But it would have to offer me a significant difference that i preferred over the vitus to make it worthwhile, as it will be a significant amount of money to swap.

Cheers dunc

2 Likes

I couldn’t resist when i spotted this up for sale.
Question is how long can i resist before i have to fit it? Probably later tonight lol.
Anyway this is the valve that goes in the power supply, obviously this is a much better one, and will bring a nice uplift in sound quality.

Bit off a difference

4 Likes

Well i couldn’t resist, its in.

What a difference as well, i know my other valves need to burn in, so it should get even better, but this has already made a big difference.
Got to say i love valves on phono stages, so much better than any solid state phono stage i have ever had or heard.
I really missed my tron seven gt stage, but that had to go as it just wasn’t compatible with my cartridge, but finally i have once again a simply lush sounding phono stage that works with my cartridge.

4 Likes

Good to know that it fits into the chassis. I will run mine to death but this could be a good option in the future-thanks!

Where did you order it from Dunc?