Alternative to Minimstreamer with QNAP?

As I said above – it’s what the MinimServer author and Naim’s Technical Director recommend. And it’s trivial to have your cake and eat it with MinimStreamer as you can specify multiple transcode settings for different sources in the stream.transcode property.

Thanks for all the clarification @Adrian_P , your explanation for transcoding for local files and radio streams makes sense to me now.

Not sure how I’ve to interprete this, but it’s the Naim app doing strange things when you use iRadio connecting to a radio station (the entry in the FWP) being in the same subnet. In this case the app thinks it’s a UPnP source and redirects you to this screen. Having said that, it’s not that strange as internet radio stations typically do not reside in the same subnet as your equipment. Maybe @Stevesky can comment why they took that design decision in the app?

That’s correct. I don’t know why, but ffmpeg tends to convert all flac to 16 bit depth by default, regardless the input. So, this is why you explictely have to specify the codec to be used when you want to support other bit depths.

Radio Intense on FWP is broadcasting in 24 bit flac and is using this ffmpeg setting to transform it to a 24 bit WAV.

I think the previous sentence explains it, basically with ministreamer/m3u iRadio playlist shows up as on Naim’s app/Upnp input, and you can’t add the individual stations to preset(s) as would be possible with your solution minus the caveat of having to configure multiple subnets.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.