Amazon Photos and Amazon Drive

Does anyone use these services?

Apparently I should get unlimited photo storage with Prime and a small amount of free Amazon Drive storage.

For some reason anytime I link to these from my account I get redirected to the US .com site - is this normal or should I be seeing a UK domain name?

Thanks

@Alley_Cat

I’m not sure about the UK site; I’m here in the States. But I do have Prime and use the unlimited photo storage to backup my photos (about 100 GB) from my Synology NAS. What’s nice about that is I use the Synology Cloud Sync software to automatically do the backup. So anytime I drop a photo onto the NAS it gets backed up to Amazon. The photos are also accessible via the Amazon Photo app on my mobile device. Hope that helps.

1 Like

Thanks Mike33

Having been an Amazon customer since the very early days, I think part of my account somehow got linked to US components despite being in the UK.

I vaguely remember being able to sign up to some US features which were not available in the UK and this may be the root cause of this.

I probably need to contact Amazon support as the last thing I want is to upload photos and one day find I’m locked out due to geography.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.