Ambient Temp and Sound Quality

Higher ambient temperature equals high amplifier temperature, equals high bias current, equals smoother sound.

1 Like

Also the ears are warmer.

Older ears with more hair - traps more moisture particles which will sweeten the vibrations reaching the drum muscles - which in turn may be more relaxed.
Along with neck and head muscle being less temperature stressed allowing neurological activity to connect quicker.

1 Like

I can offer you a great deal ! A veritable bargainā€¦

For 10 litres or moreā€¦ :grin:

Deleted, please remove.

1 Like

Just close all the curtains. Even better than all the physics which i donā€™t understand, just let my ears do the talking

Yep. Iā€™m glad you mentioned it. I did notice this 2 years ago and ever since. Better sound stage definition and tone.
Being an engineer, I looked into the physics / fluid mechanics and of course temp, pressure, humidity do play a role in sound propagation but they have a tiny effect in the ranges we see and yet ā€¦ā€¦. Perhaps our ears / brain are better measuring devices than we realise.

It is not entirely unknown, Linn engineers already know about this, and it factors in the Linn Space Optimisation.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.