American Football?

I thought this was a funny read here in the U.S. about the size of the beers being served in Germany on Sunday. Seems like some jealous stadium goers here! Everyone suspected they were probably cheaper there as well! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Munich, the home of the Oktoberfest.

And the beer is half decent (in other words…. Pretty Damn Fine) as well as being cheap!

2 Likes

17 year old is a Saints fan. Bedroom is black and gold etc. Dragged us down to Spurs the other weekend for the double doink game. Have to say we really enjoyed the whole thing bar the result.

1 Like

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, looking forward to watching the Giants batter the Cowboys later.
COME ON BIG BLUE!!

1 Like

As a long suffering Bears fan think I probably need to give this thread a wide berth.

Been to quite a few of the London games, did read somewhere they are the most profitable games in the whole season somewhere.

Used to follow the European league and go regularly to the old Wembley to watch the mighty London Monarchs, to be fair used to be a good day out, albeit well below the NFL standard.

Happy Thanksgiving over there!

1 Like

Buccaneers vs Saints SPOILER ALERT!!!

So the GOAT has broken yet another record…
From the BBC website: “Tom Brady led a fourth-quarter comeback for a record 44th time in his career as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers rallied to a 17-16 win over the New Orleans Saints.
Brady had been tied with Peyton Manning on fourth-quarter comebacks in the NFL.”

He seems to be absolutely intent on breaking every possible NFL quarterback record before retiring. Incredible.

2 Likes

Surprising that the Buccaneers are top of the NFC South with 6 wins and 6 losses, with a -2 points difference!

So the Playoffs have begun and the first two games have been really superb.
Particularly impressed by the Jaguars comeback last night!!

1 Like

@QuickSticks the first game sucked as a Seahawks fan lol…but you are correct the Jaguars game was an amazing second half comeback.

I was hoping that with the result from last night, the Seahawks organisation would move PC sideways and bring in a new HC. There’s no way they’ll sack him, but their needs to be change on the sideline/locker room for the Seahawks in my opinion.

1 Like

Yeah PC isn’t going anywhere. The Hawks did better than anyone expected (including me) this year. It’s going to be tough next year as SF and the Rams (when healthy) are still the top teams. SF is playing with their 3rd string QB who looks unstoppable.

Looking forward to the Giants game tonight.
Really hoping for at least one win this playoffs series.
Daboll has repaired in one season all the damage done by McAdoo and Judge over the last bunch of years.
Really looking forward to a Daboll/Schoen managed Draft. The future at the Giants organisation is looking bright for a change :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Yeah he’s done a great job. I’m rooting for the Giants as well.

2 Likes

Giants WIN!:grin:

2 Likes

Very tired😴, but really pleased😁
Giants make the Playoffs for the first time since 2011 (when we won the Super Bowl) and WIN as a 2nd Wild Card team from the NFC East behind the Eagles & Cowboys.
It is really great to see the different ATTITUDE & APPROACH this team has under Brian Daboll than they ever did under Ben McAdoo or Joe Judge.
Proof positive, if it were needed, of how much the Coach affects the team.
QB Dan Jones, is a completely different player this year than he was last.
WELL DONE BRIAN DABOLL & COME ON GIANTS!!

3 Likes

Very happy the Eagles have reached Super Bowl LVII to be played on 12th February. The team have played consistently well all season - apart from the couple of games our QB Jalen Hurts missed - and they certainly deserve to be in the final.

KC are going to be tough opposition but I think the Eagles can edge it.

Eagles did play a solid game against San Franciso and was a solid win.

The Chiefs/Bengals was the worst officiated game I have seen in some time and hope that crew never works a playoff game again.

The undisciplined behavior that was typical of the Bengals and had been missing the past few seasons reappeared on the second last play of the game. The 15 yard penalty after the hitting the Quarterback out of bounds made the winning field goal, with only a few seconds remaining on the game clock, a chip shot.

Would have been nice to have seen that battle go into overtime.

On to the Super Bowl and will be cheering for an Eagles victory!

3 Likes

Why is football called soccer in the USA when it is called fotball in the rest of the world, isn’t that a bit strange, or?:thinking:

Goes back before the days of the internet and instant access to information

1 Like

The answer is pretty simple, soccer has a round shaped ball and foot ball has a prolate spheroid shaped ball.

Since you folks are using a round shaped ball we always thought you were playing soccer. :wink:

2 Likes