Anathema call it a day

This was really sad to see, but understandable and I wish them all the very best with new endeavours. I expect we will see more of this unfortunately, the music industry has been massively hit by not being able to perform or tour.

1 Like

We all hope that a vaccine will be produced in the next months, so all this sh_t will finish.

2 Likes

Let’s hope you’re right. Think the world could do with some good news.

2 Likes

This was one of the bands I was going to see on the Cruise to the Edge.

I don’t know them but I was aware it was part of your cruise

1 Like

Very sad news. I saw them in Liverpool last year, and they were fantastic. They have been on hiatus before I believe (2002-2010?) so maybe this won’t be the last we’ll see of them. Really liked the style and emotional depth of their music, and having female vocalists in the band gave them an extra depth which is missing from other similar bands.

1 Like

“SeasonsEnd” after the Marillion album per-chance @SeasonsEnd?

Yes, spot on :grin:

1 Like

Another great band that was due on the Cruise to the Edge. I haven’t seen them live since the Cambridge Corn Exchange back around 1997? So feast on their blu-rays instead.

1 Like

Marillion release a lot of concert films - one from most tours, and all the fan weekends. Definitely one of the easiest bands to keep track of if you are unable to catch them live. I was fortunate enough to go to both Royal Albert Hall gigs last November - they were stunning shows. I’m guessing you’ll already have the All One Tonight BluRay - if not, you need to get hold of it ASAP…

Indeed I do. In fact, it was what got me back into their more recent material from Marbles onward.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.