Android app reconnects

Hi there. I have a small problem with the Android app. I have several streamers in my house and the Android app always reconnects to the latest connected streamer, wakes it upp if it’s asleep. This is a problem if the last thing played was radio, as the streamer wakes up and starts to play at the volume it was set on when latest used. I scares the crap out of any family member present. IOS -app doesn’t behave this way. Just checking if there is anyone else recognizing this as a problem.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve reported this many times over the past couple of years. Unfortunately doesn’t seem to be picked up.

I didn’t realise it was Android specific though. That would make it a bug, not a “feature”.

Are you sure iOS doesn’t have it? If so, please report to Naim support. If you confirm I’ll do the same. Hopefully it will get picked up if more people report it.

1 Like

Hi @PerJon and @n-lot ,

I’m sorry to hear of your experiences with this. This appears to have been an old design decision, but I have raised this to the devs either way, as I appreciate the negative effects it can cause. I can’t promise anything, but it will be discussed and may feature in a future release.

Kind regards,
Liam

2 Likes

Hi there!
Yes, I’m sure it’s just an Android “feature” and as we can se, it’s confirmed as intentional by Naim staff. We’ll see how it goes.

1 Like

Weird that something would be intentional for Android, but not for iOS.

@LiamScott Sounds like one of the two is a bug, is that correct? If it’s been broken for iOS and no one seems to complain, it might be safe to change for Android as well.

I appreciate it looks that way, but as I’ve said, it’s been raised now, and it will be discussed internally.

Thank you for your patience,
Liam

2 Likes

Thanks for picking this up. Much appreciated!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.