Another dodgy ebay sale ..NAP500

I’ve reported that along with an nd555 several times. Repeat listings with different seller Id every time but same ‘ contact me for price via Wots app.
Annoying scamners

1 Like

Appeared again today and removed again - NAP500 and ND555!

i reported again - personal crusade i think!!

5 Likes

Likewise! They have appeared again this afternoon under yet another account id and I have reported them. They seem to be getting quite a few bids now which are most probably also from fake accounts!

I’ve reported again too…

1 Like

:+1:

They have appeared again, different seller id as usual. I can’t report them for some reason, anyone else do the honours?!

Reported

1 Like

I have just sold an item on Ebay and they charged £39 for the item which sold for £290.
They are clearly making an absolute fortune for doing bu**er all.

2 Likes

:+1:

Do we have a part of this forum where we can offer and ask for the items on sale from the forum members? Might be relevant for some of us who are in the markets that do not have established preloaded market such as the UK

NO……it is against forum rules.

3 Likes

Nothing to do with the Naim listing, but my wife purchased a toy off ebay for my son only about 7£ and what arrived was a fake. Quite a clear fake. She reported it to ebay and received a week of special emails from the guy offering 10% refund, then 20% etc. after a week Ebay found in her favour and we got our money back and didnt have to send the toy back - it went in the bin. Some serious dodgy-ness about ebay at the moment.

1 Like

I’ve tried reporting the recurring ND555& 500 a few times but am unable to. Perhaps it’s because they are already being processed for removal from the site.

G

I could have guessed :slight_smile:
Would have been useful though as people upgrade and have reputation here that can be an argument in making a buyer/seller choice

No. The forum has no sales for good reason. It keeps the place clean and keeps members free of unwanted solicitation. And it also underlines Naim’s commitment to their many independent dealers around the world; often the best place to buy secondhand Naim is from an established and trusted dealer. Furthermore, in the event of any dispute Naim might feel responsible and obliged to step in, something they wish to avoid for obvious reasons (a minefield).

By the way, when you have a moment, please do read through the rules of the forum - you signed up to them when you joined, so it’s good to know what’s what.

8 Likes

Sorry, did not want to challenge the rules. My point was the following:

• Naim has been and is currently expanding beyond countries with established dealerships (e.g. in my case there was 0 stock of Fraim in Russia for a long time and I had to order mine from Europe, the same goes for PSUs, cables etc) and preloved markets to the markets that have neither of those;
  • Forum members have reputation that can be used as the factor of choice when buying: we “know” them and their systems, evolution etc.

So maybe the forum should evolve over time as well to cater for international members from less established Naim markets. A limited test with a clear disclaimer might be a first step. Would help to avoid threads like the current one with members having to flag the dodgy items on eBay.

1 Like

I appreciate that, but it’s never going to happen for the reasons I’ve stated above, and a few others too.

1 Like

It’s because eBay has separated from Paypal, so now we get charged 12.8% selling fee, which is more than before but no Paypal charge so swings and roundabouts.

I was more than a bit jittery about setting up a new bank account transfer using my own account, but it’s working okay. Money goes directly into own bank account instead of Paypal.

You’re probably right about eBay making a fortune with this change :money_mouth_face:

4 Likes

They’ve appeared again!

G