Another reception problem with this radio station

Hi @Pierre3
Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

Hello Steve,
It’s strange! The other stations that you had reactivated work very well (Classic Jazz, Jazz Vocal and Jazz Legends). Except ALR Jazz Radio - Abaco Libros Y Cafe Radio (Cartagena, Colombia). This station still works on my Cambridge Audio streamer but not at all on my Naim Muso for 2 weeks.
Best regards
Pierre

Calling @Stevesky help required?

How can I contact Steve on this forum? Thank

I have just done that……hope he is online at some point…not guaranteed.

@Gazza just did it by including the @Stevesky moniker as I also did in response to your earlier post. So he should see it in due course.

1 Like

Thank you, it’s really nice to try to help me

Hi all,

We’ve seen some issues with Vtuner in the last week on their database content. It’s like they’ve merged-in some old data that includes out of date stream urls

We’re working with them to get things sorted.

Best

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

3 Likes

In this day and age why do vTuner repeatedly publish dead URLs?

A simple script which picks up the database and connects to each stream URL to establish if an audio feed is available is minutes of work!

Hello Mr Harris,
Thank you for responding to my request.
Best regards
Pierre

Hi there!
I am not familiar with the procedures of this forum. How do I attach a message to a member?

@Pierre3 you simply type the username with an “@” sign before it, then select the name from a box which appears. @ Stevesky (with no space between @ and Stevesky) would work.

Thank Blythe

1 Like

Hi @Pierre3

I think vtuner have fixed this now. I checked the ALR Jazz and that plays.

Best

Steve

Indeed, the problem is fixed. ALR Jazz works again. Thank you Steve if I may ask you: what is the problem with this radio station?
Best regards
Pierre

Sometimes, a radio station changes its URL (think of it as moving frequency on an ordinary radio) and as all Naim iRadio comes via vTuner, it’s worth checking their website.
If vTuner don’t know something’s changed, you lose that station.
A good test if you ever lose a station, or the same one again, go to the website of the radio station and see if you can play it live on their website. If it plays, then try listening on the vTuner website and see if you can play the station from there.
If not, or if you hear a message telling you “this station is currently unavailable” you know it’s probably a vTuner or vTuner URL issue.
It’s then worth contacting vTuner to let them know it’s not working.
As a last resort, Stevesky may help :slight_smile:

Hello Blythe,
Thank you for your advice for VTuner. I have done what you describe several times. Unfortunately, VTuner’s technical department never responded to my messages. I know the problem is probably their programming since I have a 3rd streamer (Cambridge Audio) and these stations are still working normally.
Best regards,

1 Like

They never reply or acknowledge even when you advise them of a new URL for a failed station.
(and I am not even a vTuner user - just being helpful).
Useless.

Poor old @Stevesky I am not sure if he had hair but I suspect not much left.

@Pierre3 when vTuner URLs break there are any number of iOS apps which use public databases of internet radio URLs. These other databases tend to be very up to date, whereas vTuner can be very slow to fix issues. In the past we’ve just used these other apps and AirPlay to get stations vTuner has issues with.

Hi all,

In the case you have a broken station stream, feel free to post on the forum and at Naim we’ll aim to get them reported to VTuner and sorted. As they are a B2B based company it’s often easier for them to deal with their customer (naim) who can give structured requests to them.

@Paul_C - in a different thread you reported a missing niche USA Jazz channel. I reported that to them.

Best

Steve

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.