.....any buskers out there?

I am not musically gifted but a friend who does research at local university likes to play down at the Pike Street Market one day a week. Some folks in town for a convention came across Rick and put together 1:53 second video piece.

Any one else out there playing in public for the pure pleasure of it?

No not me unfortunately, people would gladly pay me to move on (quickly). :grin: I was lucky enough to be Seattle a few years ago, those markets are fantastic.

3 Likes

It has been known.

1 Like

In my post-grad days, yes. At the time it seemed quite lucrative.

1 Like

Mike, are you trying to say that on certain days for unexplained reasons you wake up, pick up an instrument and head out to the streets to play?

3 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

Did it as a student with various people (I was part of a 13 piece soul band at the time). Have made music for a long time and generated some income quietly selling songs under a pseudonym so I don’t need to publicise it in any way. The money plus my salary from the day job allows me to keep writing and recording for pleasure but every now and again it’s nice to just go out with an acoustic and a portable amp and go play just to test new songs out amongst a mix of covers. Licensing makes this more complex but there’s ways and means.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.