Any love for a Nat06?

I know. but the point is, separate the functions from one unique component, AND do that via analog process (without a network)

Just announced …
the Naim NAT06

Available in Olive or black case.
Analogue operation.
Lossless and no compression.
Does not need internet connection or electricity power source.
Will still work when FM and DAB services are switched off.

5 Likes

hahahhaahha…

:wink:

I agree with everything you say in that post, but live broadcasts (or even rebroadcasts) on BBC Radio 3 through my NAT01 can beat the pants off anything I can get from my LP12 for sure.

3 Likes

Couldn’t you reach the mute button?

2 Likes

Sorry.

Why? Didn’t find it offensive, sir.
In this pandemic times, we need to uncompress / laugh whenever possible.

:+1:

1 Like

Yes, that’s true. Live broadcasts do trump the LP12. Shame that there aren’t more of them.

1 Like

Throughout the summer every evening BBC Radio 3 features one and frequently more than one live Proms broadcast. Other evenings throughout the year (in normal times) there’s usually a live broadcast or a recording of a live concert previously broadcast. There’s also live music most evenings on the In Tune programme. Not bad for free. I wish those seeking to ‘defund’ the BBC would remember radio - an essential service to many people all over the world.

6 Likes

Ha i quite like the banter on the show to be honest and his taste on music is quite good a good old mix off new and old , plus he loves dogs so in my book he’s a hero in that matter us dog rescue people stick together

2 Likes

I am looking to replace the 20 year old 7 element Yagi but nothing appears to be available now.

Anyone know about serving them? Many elements are bent and sagging!

1 Like

And the TT!

3 Likes

I have had an olive 01 for years. 2 or 3 good stations where I’m located in NY.
I’ve since gotten an ndx2/555ps. With all the great radio stations that I can get via Naim app, I found no use for the 01 and have sold it.
No regrets whatsoever.
David

2 Likes

I used to have the NAT05, but my favourite station is JazzFM which I listen to in the car via the DAB radio, so couldn’t get it at home.

Looked at getting DAB tuner for home, but Naim didn’t make one, so I looked at other options.

Ended up getting an Internet Radio Adapter, connected this up. Now I can get DAB and FM radio (already got a FB roof aerial) if I install an aerial, Internet radio, so now getting JazzFM. In addition I can connect via Bluetooth and stream via my phone using Amazon Prime Music, which I use for investigating new music.

It’s a nice small piece of kit, which doesn’t take up much space and is on most of time, as I like music in the background whatever I’m doing.

1 Like

Guess it all depends on what region we live…
( I’m lucky. I got at least 10stations I like)

:wink:

@DiggyGun thanks for the input. Never occurred to me that this kind of component could exist. :+1:

1 Like

I got mine from Blake Aerials (easily found with your favourite search engine).

Four elements folded dipole is around forty quid; six elements an extra tenner.

1 Like

Maybe the better question is what current tuner is a good slot-in in a Naim (500) system, accepting the demise of the NAT. McIntosh? Magnum Dynalab?

I would prefer one with A>D on board, so I could play it through a NDxxx, so it can be shared to other zones, e.g. a MuSo etc.

Nick

1 Like

The problem being starting discussion on other components that is not Naim.
Guess is indelicate, under the forum umbrella.
And the obvious course would be a closed thread…

Naim don’t presently offer a standalone tuner so I can’t see why discussing other models would be a issue. Same with speakers.

3 Likes

I like the romance of the airwaves. But I accept that some others may not be romantics.

2 Likes