Any recommendations for cleaning DIN pins?

:scream::see_no_evil:

Autosol will remove the Nickel plating :anguished:

1 Like

Explains the dark buds :wink:

I wouldnā€™t use Autosol here - itā€™s highly abrasive and may well damage the plugs and sockets, requiring replacement.

2 Likes

I think youā€™re over estimating the amount of polishing Iā€™m doing and under estimating the thickness of nickel.

The improvement in sound quality since I cleaned the sockets is not subtle.

1 Like

Itā€™s obviously up to you but I know from know how abrasive autosol is as use it on my car exhaust and bumpers. Even using it on stainless steel the cloth is always black from material removed.

1 Like

Indeed - Brilliant for cleaning the inside of my exhaust pipes. I wouldnā€™t use it on the Hi-Fi though :flushed:

Back to you, @Neilb1906 !

1 Like

I darenā€™t @steviebee , I really darenā€™t!

1 Like

I rest my case. Clean as a whistleā€¦

What others do with their pipes is their business :grinning:

3 Likes

That would take one hell of an RCAā€¦ :melting_face:

I used to use Autosol on my Pace (MTB). Excellent stuff.

At the risk of violating Forum Rules, might I enquire where you find cotton swabs to fit this.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure @Richard.Dane wants a quiet evening down the pub in the sunshine so hereā€™s a ā€˜cleanā€™ response to save any moderation :grinning:

Given that this is an issue that Benchmark also noticed and resolved by going to Speakon connectors, why donā€™t Naim do the same?

I need bigger Q tipsšŸ¤”

4 Likes

Ah the classic rolled edged SS exhaust. I remember driving up to Tube Torque in Macclesfield to have a turbo back system fitted to my RS Turbo. Fun times :grinning:

2 Likes

My Tube Torque exhaust finally got beyond repair after 20 years of service. Mark always rolled his tailpipes inwards though.

Sadly Tube Torque are no more. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Ah yes youā€™re right - it was quite a while back. My Scorpion system fitted by Castle Performance, had the rolled edge. The Tube Torque I had fitted later was rolled inwards and a lot quieter too !

My system is now a Scorpion, nice but not as good as the Tube Torque. :hear_no_evil:

1 Like

I tried this earlier today on my venerable Credos.

I simply donā€™t believe the difference. The muck that came out was astonishing.

The cheapest significant upgrade I have ever experienced.

Thank you.

2 Likes