Any work arounds for Radio Paradise on Tunein?

ChrisSU describes the process preceding my post I think.

I had to log in to vTuner on the web site and enter the MAC address (I think) of my NDX2 and then add the station there.
I now have the FLAC stream but, as it was playing a different song at the time compared to the 320mbps version, Iā€™ve no real idea of how it sounds in comparison.
However, thank you everyone, I have my Linn work-around and, I have the FLAC stream on my NDX2 :slight_smile:

1 Like

For anyone else whoā€™s interested and has a current gen. Naim streamer, this is what you need to do:

ā€¢ Go to naim.vtuner.com and sign in.
ā€¢ Enter the MAC address of your streamer
ā€¢ Add the URL for the station you want to add
ā€¢ Choose OGG as the format. (NOT FLAC!!)
ā€¢ Set the bit rate to 1000
ā€¢ Look in the Naim app iRadio input, and you should find the new station under Added Stations

You can repeat the process for all 4 Radio Paradise FLAC streams, and any other stations you want to add. You can find the latest RP URLs here:
https://radioparadise.com/listen/stream-links
The RP URLs that show metadata can be a bit unstable. Use the regular URL without metadata if this is causing more dropouts than you can tolerate.

If you have more than one Naim streamer, you will need to repeat the process separately for each one using a separate login and MAC address.

2 Likes

Hmmm, I believe I added it as FLAC and itā€™s working.

I might also add, the Naim app helpfully showed me the MAC address of my NDX2 when I first tried to look at ā€œAdded Stationsā€. Otherwise, itā€™s in the setting on the Naim app.
I entered it without any : or other separators so, C4:F3:12:33:99:29 etc becomes C4F312339929

Hi folks. Iā€™ve been following this thread and the helpful instructions. I have a playlist that Iā€™ve called RPMellow showing up under Minimserver on the app but it wonā€™t play on my 272.
I think Iā€™ve followed all instructions as above.
Is there something I should do within Minimserver itself? When I tried to play it direct from my pc it said ā€œ no tracksā€
Thanks for any helpful suggestions

Iā€™m not sure I understand your situation but if you have a .m3u file on your NAS I recommend confirming the url is correct for the RP Mellow mix in the file. If the URL is correct and it still doesnā€™t play try refreshing minimserver and see if that fixes it.

Also check that your .m3u playlist file you created was not created in rtf as this will mess things up.
It must be in plain text.

@JohnP have you managed to get anything playing with Minim yet? If not, the problem could be with your Minim setup, not the m3u file or the url. Get Minim playing with your locally stored music files first, perhaps. Getting MinimWatch running properly seems to be a challenge many face (me included at the time).

Thanks for replies. I have just upgraded to full fat minim2 which is all working fine. Iā€™ll check the text is in rtf. Itā€™s going to my 272 not a next generation streamer, is that ok?
Thanks again

Or not in rtf as appropriate

For clarity, it MUST NOT have been created in rtf as that adds unwanted text / metadata.

1 Like

Itā€™s all saved as .txt which I then edit to .m3u
It would say .rtf if it was wrong wouldnā€™t it?
Iā€™ve rescanned Minimserver, MinimWatch and everything works fine, except when I choose the playlist and tell it to play a station nothing happens ???

If using a Mac, itā€™s possible itā€™s rtf
I originally made my own m3u file using ā€œText Editā€ on my Mac. I didnā€™t realise that it actually saved by default as rtf.
I had to write the file then within text edit, go to ā€œsave as plain textā€ to remove hidden rtf characters.
I then renamed that file with a m3u extension.

Thanks written on a windows 10 pc

1 Like

Iā€™ve been having problems recently with not getting RP stations to play from my playlist from the playlists menu in the Naim app. If I navigate from the menu UPnP input then to the minimserver folder it will play. But for some reason the playlists shortcut in the Naim App is not liking it. But it will advance to the other stations in the same playlist so effectively only not playing the 4 RP stations I have. So weird.

Thanks for the instructions, much appreciated help. I chose FLAC not the OGG as an experiment and it seems to work fine on my ND5XS2. So now streaming FLAC from RP from all 4 of their feeds. Great!:ok_hand:

Yes, it seems that calling the stream OGG is no longer essential. Glad you got it working.

Hi my .m3u playlist is still not working through 272. I have asked on another thread for instructions on how to tell minimstreamer to transcode the rp flac stream as maybe this is what is necessary for older streamers like the 272?
Any additional advice would be welcome
Thanks