Any Zeppelin Fans Out There.....?

I would love these :face_with_spiral_eyes:

I think - having checked online - that you mean 24 bit 96kHz.

Details… :expressionless:

Yes, fat fingers :unamused:

Thank you.

The story behind the Sundragon - a replica of Page’s Zeppelin I amp (originally a Supro Coronado) -

I was there :+1:
Knebworth 1979.

Me too, both weekends, August 4th and 11th.

1 Like

For those in the know, a quick question folks … What are the recent vinyl Led Zeppelin remasters like? Just wondering whether to take advantage of the Dig! sale (ends soon) as the Zeppage albums are reduced, the single disc LPs down to £12.59 and the super deluxe editions down to £69.99. I’m sure I’d read that Page had made a hash of the remasters, but just wondering If I’d got that mixed up with another LZ vinyl reissue.

:thinking: Well, I will disagree…

I have the latest albums on CD and they are fine. As are the 1990 Remasters, IMO.

Mothership seems to get a bad report. Cannot say - never heard it.

As always… its the Interwebzz…so YMMV… :expressionless:

1 Like

I didn’t mean it as contentious observation. :+1: OK, thanks Ian, that’s great. I don’t know where I read about Jimmy Page and the 2014 reissues, but it stuck in the memory for some reason - clearly addled!

Going to to take a punt on Lec Zeppelin 1 I think.

1 Like

I have most of the 2014 remasters on vinyl and I have no issues with them, the bonus material on some of them is pretty decent as well

2 Likes

I bought the full set of Jimmy Page remixes (year anyone?), and while I found some differences from my “original LPs” , I found them to be no worse than the originals, sometimes preferred the remix. Certainly worth having!

As an aside, on the subject of remixes. It has reminded me……despite being on my Xmas list in very large letters, Santa failed to bring me Revolver………

Foreward to AMAZON!!!

Edit: Ah, That’s better!

2 Likes

Just bought I, II and III, 1994 CD remasters. Near mint condition, approximately £6 each so hoping these will sound good.
I’m not prepared to go for silly priced special editions. Here’s hoping :pray:

1 Like

Yep, I’ve got those versions. They’re pretty good.

You may, after a few months of enjoyment, like to consider one of the more recent JP remixes - pick your favourite - give it a whirl and let us know your thoughts.

1 Like

So, LZ I and II 1994 CD remasters ripped to WAV and stored on Synology NAS (Minimserver).

1. NAS holds both the CD WAV rips and 24Bit/96 kHz downloads
  2. Streamer holds 24Bit/96 kHz downloads only.

For background, I have listened to the streamer copies many times and love them. I think the quality of both I and II is really good imo and I enjoy listening to them very much.

1. So, I played LZ I CD WAV rip via Minimserver. Not bad! The symbols and Hi-hats not as clear as the 24Bit/96 kHz version but I would say still very good imo. Not much in it tbh.
  2. I then played LZ I 24Bit/96 kHz download from the streamer local copy. Definitely more air, the symbols and Hi-hats more clearly defined again and overall a clearer sound. I’m glad my streamer is performing this way.

One thing I did notice very clearly and I would like forum members to comment accordingly.

1. LZ I, track Babe I’m Gonna Leave You - The 1994 CD remaster Jimmy Page intro and guitar is clearly on the left side of Plant.
  2. On the 24Bit/96 kHz remaster, Jimmy Page intro and guitar is clearly on the right side of Plant.

Has anyone else ever noticed this?

Its not an issue, its just that when you play both versions, one after another, its very obvious. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I enjoyed playing LZ I, II and III so much yesterday that I have decided to purchase the 2014 deluxe CD remasterd versions as new sealed copies. :grin:

I can’t wait to play all physical CD versions on my Luxman D-10X when it arrives!

No… I have not… AFAIK, the 1994 remasters are actually sourced from the work done for the 1990 Remasters CD sets - but put out as per the original LP’s. So… I could compare my 90’s Remasters vs my 2014 LZ 1. But I doubt that I will… :expressionless:

[ IMO, all LZ’s recording are very good. You may not like some of the material - but the recording are good. Page didn’t spend all those years in London studios and learn nothing. ]

1 Like

Just landed :grin:

6 Likes

Some books that might be of interest. Jimmy Page is a signed limited edition by Genesis Publications.

2 Likes

Rock n Roll - P&P, Tokyo, 1996