Anyone Going on Holiday?

We had planned to go to France for nearly four weeks in May/June and moved the ferry crossing dates to September for a fortnight. Hopefully we will stay in Sancerre and Fleurie and then east of Paris on the way back. Next week we are off to Dartmouth and then in August it’s a week near Canterbury. We collected our new caravan on the day before lockdown and it will be nice to finally get away. I expect we will squeeze in a couple of shorter breaks as well.

2 Likes

Hoping to spend a week in Saint-Rémy in Provence at the end of July. I booked it ages ago with my fingers crossed, and it looks like it might all come off.

3 Likes

We were supposed to be in Malta last month for The Termagant’s birthday but sadly that had to be cancelled (we’re hoping to go back in October). Next month we’re having a fortnight in Finland and Estonia - that’s still looking likely. Well I hope - we have a lovely looking place by the sea in the Helsinki suburbs followed by an apartment in Tallinn’s Old Town.

2 Likes

A week in Scotland- booked last weekend Near Oban

1 Like

A week in the Cotswold in mid-August, booked last week.

2 Likes

I forgot there was a jazz festival there. Unfortunately it’s on August.

1 Like

It’s 30 mn from Avignon. Perhaps we will go. You recommend me ? I didn’t remember if I were there one day, as I frequently go in South of France, but there is so many nice places there.

Looking forward to the hol in Scotland a bit less after seeing this :flushed:

1 Like

Ah…happy memories of Oban

1 Like

Mrs n and myself were supposed to be going to Hawaii in a couple of weeks and I was due to go to Svalbard on a work related trip in August but both of those ain’t happening now.

We’ll enjoy our favourite Norfolk beaches when we go and see my old Mum in a few weeks and are rebooking a lovely place down near Rye for September. Luckily, lockdown weather has been good and to be honest, holidays are not top of the agenda at the moment. Looking forward to getting a haircut though. 4 weeks is my routine, not 4 months !

I am looking like Boris on a bad hair day😬

1 Like

I am retired in a vaca destination on Cape Cod, Mass. A bit crowded in the summer, but delightful for the other 9 months of the year. We know the back roads and avoid the tourist traps. Been expanding into HT during the sequester, which is opening up now and restaurants doing takeout. TG for UPS/Amazon/FedEx and the internet.

1 Like

Hi @frenchrooster. It’s my first time in Provence, so I’m afraid I can’t pretend to be an expert. I looked for a place that was close to lots of good wine, food and countryside. I’m hoping to learn a lot while I am there. Always loved France, been to Paris many times, Normandy, and down to Strasbourg, so I thought this time I’d try the south west.
Hope you enjoy your trip :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nothing planned … perhaps visit those pubs I always wanted to visit near me in the Cotswolds.

2 Likes

I propose you to share our pictures in the “your favorite natural places “ thread when come back. I go there from 20 to 29 July.

Getting a ferry ‘cross the Channel one week today, then it’s camping all the way down to Provence, a week near St Trop, thence to Cinque Terri and a week in Tuscany then camping back through France. A month away, all told, and goodness knows we need it.

I’ll bring you some wine back.

Mark

1 Like

We’ve rented a place in the mountains of western North Carolina (5,000ft) for 10 ten days … leaving at O dark 30 Wednesday … taking a lot of our own provisions with us … will do a lot of walking and hiking … pretty remote which is nice …

2 Likes

So you are not worried about the backwoods locals (as seen in the Deliverance movie)? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nope … not at all … some of the friendliest people you will ever meet. If my memory serves me correctly wasn’t the movie “Deliverance” made in Georgia, not NC ?

Correct, but similar rural env though.