Anyone has experience feeding NAP 200 with Shunyata Taipan Helix Alpha? How is the result?

Anyone has experience feeding NAP 200 with Shunyata Taipan Helix Alpha? How is the result?

Sorry Desmond, hope someone here has and can comment. I note they also do a “Python” version… wondered if it uses snake oil…:wink:

Haha, Python is one class higher then Taipan. They don’t snake oil but I heard these cables have “ venom” to catch people’ heart

That’s a fairly old cable so I doubt you’ll get any direct experiences here with that specific piece of gear. I will say I tried a new Venom NR10 with my DAC V1, and after a few days gladly removed it to never look back (it found a good home on the power supply for my opticalRendu). Very refined sounding, but seriously bass heavy to the point of the bass pretty much overriding everything else and becoming extremely fatiguing. I’m using a Sean Jacobs Powerblack on my CB 160BD and now a DIY combo of AV Options Tibia 12 with a Furutech F-11 copper plug on the V1 and couldn’t be happier.

IMO I think Naim ‘voice’ their gear to a certain standard of AC cable (Tibia and Powerline obviously) but definitely moving beyond the basic Tibia will bring improvement. Staying away from shielded is probably best. But like everything in this game one needs to listen for oneself, so always best if it can be returned, used elsewhere, or sold on without a loss.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.