Anyone living through this?

Don’t think I would ever sell my records / lp12. The experience of playing records etc. is still a thing for me.

My lp12 offers a slightly different sound to my NDS /555 and I have room for both. Digital is very good and convenient and these days I only buy physical records if I absolutely love an album so not super expensive as I have most of the records I love I have on vinyl already!

Another plus for records is when they do releases and get them right boy do they sound good - Roger Waters Amused to Death is a recent one that springs to mind.

My old fruit box is staying and also good to have a plan B if internet breaks!

3 Likes

Like this comment and example: “Some albums just feel right for Vinyl - the beautiful Jaimie Branch album, the cover is a work of art…” One of my faves of 2023.

1 Like

You’re prolly right but my OCD is trying to make me pick one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks - very balanced feedback and resonates. Continuing to enjoy both as there are certainly qualitative differences that deliver different “characters” in sound.

Right now vinyl is sounding amazing in my system (Solstice/SuperLine/SuperCapDR). My kids were over the other day and we did a bunch of listening…vinyl (very clean first-press Beatles mostly) vs. ND555 playing the most-recent Beatles’ remasters and remixes. The remasters/remixes are indeed much more “wide open” but that’s the production; the vintage vinyl really does sound fabulous.

1 Like

I agree 1000%. We truly enjoy both in our home.

I’v long stopped worrying what is the best format or medium, I must admit that my vinyl from the 1970s still sounds pretty good, new vinyl less so .

There are stunning CD, vinyl and streaming set ups on this forum , my current favourite is R3HD though I have never heard a top of the range LP12 or a NAT01

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.