Anyone seen a Swallow yet in the UK

My wife keeps a record each year of which date we see our first Swallow turn up. They breed in our carport. Nearly every date my wife has recorded over the years are between April 5th and 13th.

We have not seen one yet this year.

Anyone?

They have been around here on the south coast for the last week or so.

1 Like

We are about 100 miles further north in Worcestershire.

I think I might have seen two today, a glimpse, a hint, it might just be but not 100%, swooping low & fast along our village’s traditional migratory swallow & martin flight path along the hill line.
Eyes will be sharpened & peeled back tomorrow, also the Mk-II audio receptors will be tuned for the demented budgie like in-flight twittering

1 Like

Not yet - usually they nest in my barn. I’m in mid Devon. No house martins yet, either.

2 Likes

Don’t think we’ve ever had any swallows in our city garden, but may I vote the robins here as the most delightful and friendly birds, they really are a breed aaprt from most garden birds.

3 Likes

Just admit that I’m thinking of a Swift Box underneath the eaves , think it might be a job for my wonderful group of Czech gardeners

1 Like

Hah! Just heard and then saw a pair in the barn today.
And have been hand-feeding a visiting hen pheasant.

3 Likes

One turned up about teatime today. Very welcome.

2 Likes

I think I’ve seen three , two locally and one a few miles from home whilst in the car :red_car:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.