Anyone using a 500 on Isoblue?

I’m pondering an upgrade to a 500 power amp and wondered what extensions I’d need for my Isoblue. Does anyone use a 500 on Isoblue? Can I get away with a 65mm extension (making a total height of 165mm vs. 500’s 160mm) or do I need 2 x 35mm?

No-one?

At the price for a 500, I would try a 65mm extension and see if I can get away with it, rather than adding a screwed joint.

The NAP500 is 160mm high - https://www.naimaudio.com/product/nap-500

The Isoblue dimensions are - https://www.isobluehifi.com/products.htm

So, 100mm high is standard. Adding a 65mm gives you 165mm. Which is 5mm clearance…

My NAP250 in a standard Isolblue has about 10mm clearance - by eye. Maybe a tad more.

Up to you… How much is a NAP500…?

1 Like

I think I’m happier with the 65mm extension, even though the clearance is smaller. The clearance on my 300 is apparently 13mm - according to the sizes on the Naim website.
Thanks, both

1 Like

Well, 10mm by eye wasnt bad…!!

1 Like

I’ve just spoken to Andy from Isoblue who also happens to be a Naim dealer (Winchester Hifi). He’s recommended going for a combo of 35mm + 65mm. Great to talk to him.

2 Likes

You could also go for 2 x 65 mm.
Really depends on the total height of your rack and the visual aspect.
I personally prefer the looks of 2 x 65mm and it also gives a bit more height , helpful as you get older !

2 Likes

I think the more distance you can put between the boxes, the better. I use 35mm extensions for my 250 even though it would fit on a standard shelf for that reason.
I have to say that the extensions make the whole rack look a bit odd to my eyes, and for a 500 system I would probably look at alternatives.

Me too, and I’ve ordered a second set to raise the brawn stack up to the same level. I’d have quite liked a combo that would have made one extended shelf the same height at two standard ones (like you can with Fraim) but that facility doesn’t exist.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.