App update live- introducing network diagnostics

In an ideal world, people shouldn’t need this tool at all.

You don’t need it, as your network is in a good shape, and you’re not experiencing streaming issues.

However, for others having any streaming or connectiviity issues with their Naim products, it provides a basic indicator of network health and suggests some next steps.

Much more in-depth analysis can be (and is) performed by the Naim Support team, but if this feature can pick up fundamental issues first, it’s a step in getting things solved.

The software team are working on the way some aspects are presented, as they’re obviously causing some confusion, and - as ever - we’ll look to improve as needed.

1 Like

@Suedkiez @davidhendon Brief reminder on Beta Test Group rules. Thanks.

1 Like

It really isn’t Clare. It’s measuring what your phone/tablet is receiving. I’ll not mention beta testing again but as a release, this one is a total lemon.

And as mentioned several times now, it’s a starting point to build on.

Yes OK. I will bow out of this now. I’m not wanting to make difficulties for Naim or it’s customers.

1 Like

…as an end user and also having experience delivering software solutions for decades, rarely did customers enjoy steping stones or products that did not lead them to the solution. JMHO - YMMV

1 Like

I guess what we are saying is that it isn’t up to Naim usual Quality, and should perhaps be considered to be held back until more mature, and better tested. I just fear that you may receive more wasted support calls as a result of this.

Moderate heading to ‘green’ here. Results from naim diagnostics match Ookla speed tests very closely.

G

I am using an iPhone 13 Pro to connect to my Mu-so Gen 2.
When I perform the Scan, I put in the number given and press continue. The Naim app performs the scan and the message at the end is ‘Retry’ and ‘Quit’. I’ve tried it several times over the past few days and get the same result. I haven’t had any screen showing the performance or lack of it as others have described above.
Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

Where do you get the “support code” to start the scan? It’s not detailed in the instructions……

I’ve done the scan and am horrified to discover that I have three issues with my network. Hang on, none of them are issues…

Okay, so, the “user ID” is the “support code”, which is what the “support code” isn’t called, because being asked to enter the “user ID” having just labeled it as so wouldn’t make sense, when promoting a user to enter “support code” does……

Anyway, the scanned locked up at the end and I didn’t get any results and it was a bit of anti-climax. So back to music via Roon it is.

So…I checked and my app is up to date. Do I delete the app and reload it?

Should be no need to do that - just update it from your App store of choice. If it’s already .23, you’ve auto-updated and all’s good.

1 Like

I’m sorry. I don’t understand. From the app store? And at “check for updates” it says “firmwear is up to date 3.8.0 (5355)”…is that the Nova or the app?

You are on the latest firmware - no worries there.
This discussion thread is about the latest version of the Naim App itself - 5.23 for iOS, 2.23 for Android.

1 Like

Yup…I just discovered that in the app store. Lol…sorry…but hey, you know when I “get it” everyone will have gotten it…

2 Likes

No problem at all - it’s why we’re here to help.

It won’t give you hi-res from Apple Music to your Nova though sorry….

2 Likes

Lol…I’m over it. I bought the toys, I played until I was bored. But I’m with those that say we await with bated breath for AM to get it together. It’s easy for a moron to navigate (lol…so I’m told?)

1 Like