Apple Users - Help If Possible

Once again, thank you guys. I have 2 email accounts one iCloud which I don’t really use and the other a standard BT/Yahoo. However, I’ve logged out of Apple and logged back in, shut both devices down and rebooted but to no avail.

Oh well first world problem, perhaps it will resolve with the next software upgrade.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Lindsay

You need to delve deeper to understand and fix, your issue… :thinking:

Or… ignore it… :crazy_face:

But have you done the very simple toggling off of iCloud for email?

My gmail on my ipad seems to have stopped refreshing itself for some unknown reason. Tried switching “fetch” on and off and rebooting mail and total restart of ipad but still only updates when I actually open mail. Hopefully just a duff software update that will correct with next round of updates.

On Apple devices when things do not work signing out of the iCloud and singing in again resolves most quirks you are encountering.

On Mac when the mail is not working as expected, or even not working at all, you can rebuild all mailboxes. Singing out of the iCloud and in normally works, but if not and the problem still occurs, sign out of iCloud, go the the user folder/library/ and delete the mail folder, after sign in on iCloud and the mailbox is rebuilt from scratch.

When updating the operating system from an older version OS, sometimes mail updates the database to a new version, but maintains the old database on the folder and that could also sometimes give some bugs on mail.

When you have multiple devices and one of them crashes the synchronization, it can occur on a full disk that has no more space, iCloud simply stops working. Is this case and after removing some files on the HD, you have to log out from iCloud on all machines and login again to all devices start to work and sync without issues.

Hope it helps.

If it’s a syncing issue on an a non-apple email account (I.e. not iCloud) then it’s likely that the IMAP settings have got upset in your mail settings. Re entering these through the mail apps on both devices should fix things. Good luck.

1 Like

sync issues are usually there because of mail setting push/fetch. Check Settings/Mail/Accounts, the acquisition of data is the last parameter and can be set by account when you have multiple defined.

‘Automatic fetch’ is not ‘push’, it syncs mails depending on different parameters (location, power supply, …), so it is not real time. Only push is real time but it consumes a lot of battery so in general it is better to disable it especially if you receive lot of email.

Gmail has recently changed its security system and now requires you to use “sign in with Google” rather than a simple email address and password. Yesterday my iPad suddenly kept asking for a password for Gmail via the IOS email app, but never did anything with what I typed in.

Ultimately the fix was to delete the Gmail account in IOS Mail, log in via Gmail webmail and then add the Gmail account back into IOS. It took me an hour to discover that and two minutes to do it!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.