Are center channel speakers useless?

Hi.
Looking back at my post the main thing may be missing. The sub between main speakers is fed with the same signal as the main speakers, not the lfe.

Sorry about being misleading.

Regards Hannu

Hannu

20d

Hi.
Looking back at my post the main thing may be missing. The sub between main speakers is fed with the same signal as the main speakers, not the lfe.

Sorry about being misleading.

As long as your subs crossover is set up correctly, you should have no problems, as REL suggest feeding
your sub the same hi level input as your front L&R speakers.
In fact, i’ve found with the subs i’ve had in the past (REL Qbass x2 & now a Sunfire D8) this is the best way to improve the soundstage in a 2 way system.
My Sunfire is setup specifically this way & it has elevated the musicality of my SBL’s no end,
especially at low listening levels. Strangely, it has improved the high frequency as much as the expected lows.

Hello, TN, would you remind me, please, what the AV2 does in the system.

I have an AV1 in my set-up, which processes the frontal stereo sound to create an out of phase, reverse music signal which is fed through a separate power amp to feed a pair of 'speakers behind the listener. The effect is to have music in front of and behind the listener, rather like the echo and reverb that music played in a concert hall would produce.

My recollection is that the AV2 does something rather different, but I can’t remember what that is.

But I think that the AV2 does something different

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.