Are you a hoarder?

Living near a town is best when one retires. As the years go by i find we need more healthcare

2 Likes

Yes. I wouldn’t want to get on a bus just to collect my prescriptions.
The village I grew up in as a lad is so remote it doesn’t even have a bus service.

1 Like

The first time I read this, I thought you said:

5 Likes

Can’t you get those mail order nowadays?

Our village has ONE bus each day and ONE bus back. However the pensioners use it all the time. In fact it’s only the pensioners which is why the route runs at a massive loss (bus pass). They especially altered the time table so the bus would arrive 10 mins later at our village so the pensioners could use their bus pass (after 9:30). I used it a couple of times after my CABG but at c. a fiver each way I only used it 'cause I so bored sat at home in front of the telly. Of course then the COVID lockup started and then I was back sitting in front of the telly all day without even the option of the expensive bus to town and back!

1 Like

Also it is good to be near an undertakers. Especially when you are nearly 100.

1 Like

We moved from London to Altrincham because Our son and daughter live there. Like that we
Can see them and grandchildren often without any long journey. Also they solve my computer
Problems.

1 Like

Really, I wonder why? I mean it’s not like you’re going to be in any hurry to get there…

1 Like

You haven’t looked at the present undertakers taxi service tariffs then.

Frankly I don’t think I’ll care too much what they charge to drag my corpse away.

2 Likes

I disagree- it makes no difference to the individual who will become their client how far away the undertaker is. It may be a concern to relatives…

very true if one informs the council a person can be buried in their back garden.

As I’ve said before… is also not something that can be done mail order? I’m sure Amazon have got this on their site! :wink:

1 Like

I wonder if they ever do BOGOF promotions?

Only if they’re stacked at the time…And no returns.

Wednesday discounts, like B&Q used to do for pensioners, but death cert must be dated on a Wed.

I told my wife that i do not want a big funeral. But i would like a monument.

1 Like

Me too! :+1: :+1: :rofl:

Is that like a Statement only bigger?

1 Like

No, not like, it actually is a Statement, but to be sure it’s available it needs buying in advance (which hopefully is well in advance) - i.e now!

An undertaker once told me he had a woman that asked if she could be buried in the same coffin
As her husband.

1 Like