Are you a lights on or off person? 😂 (poll)

Maybe you should have gone for an HDX. Colour touchscreen with full functionality, makes the current screens seem a step backwards.

Ummm but I said I didn’t like the colour screens.

I can never tell on the forum if people are being sarcastic :upside_down_face:

I was referring to the fact that you have full control of the device if your phone dies, or you just don’t want to use it. The only colour is if you choose to have it on during play to show artwork, otherwise it’s just text on a black background.

I use an ND555 and have the buttons off and screen selected off. However, the screen illuminates with the album played if paused and, I think, on starting (I don’t really look). It seems a pretty redundant feature to me since, apart from some of the initial set up, it’s all controlled through an iPad or iPhone.

1 Like

Yes, different people, different usage. (And control points: remote, on-unit, App, remote (Room, Airplay, …), external input, …)

Yeah, having the clock on all the time (and with 24h mode) might be yet another option for me. :wink:

As long as adequate to see who, sorry, what, you’re doing!

2 Likes

So many things can have clocks showing… fine for anyone wanting to be reminded of the time whichever way they look - and if all say the same time! (I find a watch does all I need for tracking time, though supplemented by alarm on my pocket computer if something critical time-wise.)

A bit of Barry White always helps.

…helps put you right off, that is!

1 Like

For me, only my wife has a wall-clock in the kitchen; I usually don’t like to be surrounded by clocks, also don’t have a watch.
So, I could use the time-on feature occasionally, when lazy and don’t want to have the „smart“ toys here.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.