Aro 2 coming

With Naim announcing the arrival of the Aro 2 being available individually for the LP12, how much do you think it will be?

1 Like

Hmmā€¦ :thinking: :grinning:

Damn, rather than gold I have a boxful of unused Mk1 Aros, think my investment just took a hit.

:wink:

Has that comparison been done outside of Naim? The 2 will have it on convenience but that was never what an Aro was about. Whatever day it is.

1 Like

Jolly Japeā€™s - only 1 hour and 47 minutes to go :grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Thatā€™s certainly the view I would be spreading, if I really did have that box.

1 Like

I think it will be around Ā£2,750, so in 2025 it will be about Ā£3,999 then.

All will be revealed at noon apparently.

2 Likes

Website landing page seems to have had a makeover unless Iā€™ve just gone to specific pages recently.

Grey Classic components?

https://www.naimaudio.com/anniversary-edition

ā€œThese high-end products are also finished with a ā€œtinā€ colour for a perfect harmony.ā€
Harmony is in the eye of the beholder - but Iā€™ll stay with the usual black!

1 Like

:joy: Nice April fool

2 Likes

Sadly for LP12 owners according to Jas Gould the ARO 2 will always be too heavy for the Linn. Thereā€™s always a Solstice if anyone really wants one :open_mouth:

Itā€™s not going to work for most of us is it, you have to wonder if the intended market is not the average Naim user, rather those who just want an off the peg fairly high-end package. Wonder what the overall price is given that it includes Superlumina ā€˜cablesā€™. Canā€™t see it being shy of Ā£30,000.

Assuming this isnā€™t a Naim April Fools joke, I bet it looks much better ā€˜in the fleshā€™ but unless they are going to offer upgrades in the same finish youā€™d end up with an odd system mix if you had to say add a black PSU for the NDX2.

Perhaps testing the water for new styles?

It costs Ā£28,000. There is a whole thread on it, in which all the sensible points you raise are discussed ad infinitum!

1 Like

Thanks, Ā£30k wasnā€™t such a bad guess! I really struggle to see who in the real world is going to drop Ā£28k on this package just like that without considering alternatives, or maybe the target demographic would simply if hooked (rather than fancy lifestyle purchase) would simply replace with a considerably more expensive iteration. There has to be a market where people who can afford a recommended package will simply ā€˜go for itā€™ as it takes little effort, but how many will that be in reality?

For wider ā€˜upgradeā€™ boxes I actually wonder if PSUs/NAC 252 could be built to order to match, or even the ā€˜lesserā€™ tin box cases repurposed for an upgrade. Probably not.

I have a mix of Uniti, Chrome bumper, olive and current Classic boxes but at least they are all ā€˜blackā€™. As for my LP12 black was hip when I got it, I now really wish Iā€™d chosen a wood effect plinth - there are some lovely replacements available I know, just not a current priority.

The whole tin thing is a pointless distraction as far as Iā€™m concerned. Who or why would anyone buy such a thing? Someone with Ā£28k spare who doesnā€™t think beyond tonightā€™s cocktail session probably.

You put it more succinctly than me - seems like theyā€™re testing the water for a different kind of client. Suspect most of us here donā€™t have Bentleys, yachts or multi-million pound sports cars, though some mightā€¦

Just noticed that thread which presumably is a few days older.

I assumed the OPā€™s post was a joke but after reading did actually wonder and simply went to the Naim site to check and found that. :blush:

I did like the animated Solstice ā€˜revealā€™. I wonder how many of the ā€˜500ā€™ have gone? If money were no object Iā€™d have one already, but for most of us again simply not an option.

The Chancellor? :rofl:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.