Asset UPnP question

MikeB: I have used your tree settings and my Asset setup seems fine now.
I did not manage to copy it 100 % cause the defaults was not similar. Is it possible to use the text tree and edit manually? Where you have selected “Title” I only get access to all the + alternatives.

Second, you say … if metadata is set correctly. In another thread I found a list on how you have set up metadata in DBP, I tried it, but then DBP rip with error. I now use default metadata from DBP.

Third. I type in composer manually for those albums with track containing more than 1 composer. I put it at first in the track. Very useful when search by composer, but it generates many folders. I will try to put it at the end as described here. As far as I have understood this must be done manually?

Last, I really appreciate yours and others helpful attitude :slightly_smiling_face:

Steinar

1 Like

Touch/click on ‘open, (before or after) where you want to place the new line & scroll through the popup table to find ‘Title’

dBpoweramp ripper usually work OK, but I do double check the tag fields before pressing the rip button. The bad metadata I’ve found is invariably from ‘one’ of the www vendors.

Your final point on composers, that can be a minefield, invariably not included or wrong, manual entry is the way I always do it. Also to KIS I aalways rename the classical composers to only their surnames e.g. Bach, Beethoven, Vivaldi etc

2 Likes

Okay, a different means to the same end I suppose dependent on different preferences. This is the thing with Asset and presumably others like Minim, there’s many ways to skin the cat.

1 Like

Thanks @Mike-B! this was just what I was looking for!

@simon.pepper, I’m interested, how can I reach you. This new forum doesn’t seem to have a PM functionality …

Whatever I have re. configuration settings for Asset is at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bu8etep76nu4v5z/AACtTAlpNbXPbXFIT2uato_Ha?dl=0

There are some Asset images (folder icons), Configuration Settings, and BrowserTree files.

Simon.

I can also give you some Artist pictures for the ‘AssetUserUpstreamImages’ folder, if you wish. But these are for my Music Library, so may not match the Artist within yours.

Simon.

Thanks again Simon, this is really helpful!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.