Asset UPnP

Hi - I have a Naim ND 5XS media player which for several years I was able to link to my computer via Asset UPnP to access my itunes library. Recently I had to change my computer and as part of the set up downloaded Asset UPnp again and got it successfully working. At the time I noticed that it said the download was a 30 day trial but was advised that the basic software was still free and that you only had to buy it if you wanted to use all the features. Anyway 30 days have now passed and the ND 5XS now displays ‘register Asset UPnP’ and I can’t seem to get past this message and get it to stteam music from my computer. Is there any way around this or is the only solution to register / buy the software. Is it possible to get a slimmed down version as I dont want / use the features other than streaming from the computer. Thanks in advance for your comments. Rgds

For what you get, the price of Asset is an absolute bargain. Why should it be free? Pay the price and enjoy.

5 Likes

I use MinimServer rather than Asset, but have just looked up the latter after reading these posts. £28 for the full premium version. Unbelievably cheap - bargain! Over the years I’ve encountered many who object to paying for software. I always paid for shareware I enjoyed and used back in the early days of home computing. How can people expect to be permanently subsidised by others and use programmes like this for free?

1 Like

Another fan of Asset Premium here great piece of software and a bargain at the price.

2 Likes

A bargain, no question.
It’s a one off payment, a licence for life.
For that you get support/advice on the Illustrate dBpoweramp forum from the people who design it.
Free updates, & these happen quite regularly indicating the work that goes on in the background with this product. Next week they are releasing R7.2 which supports Synology DSM-7, and that hasn’t been released yet & probably won’t be until mid 2021.
All for the price of a couple of downloads

2 Likes

Thanks for the comments. Paid the money and all sorted now. More than happy to pay but these days you have t obe careful that you’re not being scammed or stuff / functions get installed that you dont want. Rgds

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.