At this point which upgrade, if any?

Fair enough. I think your speakers are fine. I would say however that I very happily lived with the 282/200 pairing for 10 years, in my view the 202>282 really is a quantum leap.

Regards,

Lindsay

1 Like

nice
your pairing is just about fine
but get an hicapDR and matching NAPSC2 the sooner for a sound upgrade.

1 Like

It looks to me as if you have invested plenty in cables for the system you have, and unless you need to solve a specific problem with matching, you would be better off saving your money for a NAPSC, HicapDR or 282.

1 Like

Could be, thanks for the suggestion.
Not sure if my source is good enough for a nap 282ā€¦

Thanks Chris.
Do you think my source coudnā€™t be a bottleneck for 282-200?
David

Once youā€™ve got your NAPSC, please consider adding a HiCap. Then pause for a bit and enjoy lots of music.

Roger

1 Like

To add to what I wrote yesterday regarding a Napsc and dedicated mains, Iā€™d consider a better CD or streaming source to complement the Chord TT. There is no point adding fancy cables or changing speakers if the front end is lacking.

1 Like

The TT2 is a very capable DAC, so no, I think your source is up to the job.
How good your CD transport is, I couldnā€™t say. If youā€™re committed to CD playback it may be worth investing alternatives. Personally I prefer to stream my music, and use a Naim streamer as a digital transport into a Chord DAC. Thatā€™s a tried and tested combination that has been popular over the years.

1 Like

Iā€™d rather to wait for a compatible streamer for Chord Hugo TT2 ā€¦ :slight_smile:

Thank you HH,
I am quite sure my source (cd transport + dac) is good enough for my system with 202-200DRā€¦not sure with 282

Iā€™m certain that the TT is more than good enough. Itā€™s just that NuPrime, the reviews of which are hardly complimentary. It may be great of course. Whatever you do, get that napsc ASAP.

1 Like

Damn :frowning:, It seems quite good (and I hope so)

Maybe a Melco N100 music server/streamer is good enough for the Hugo TT2 and my system ?

Aaah, so you do want a streamer!? The Melco would work, or you could consider an Innuos which in addition gives you access to a whole range of online streaming services.
As this is the Naim forum, I guess you could even consider the Core. I really donā€™t like its hobbled functionality, but itā€™s still a very capable SPDIF digital source. Then thereā€™s the ND5XS2. It all depends on what you want it to do.

:smiley: Ā« Never say never Ā»!
In case, I will find something with a screen and without a dac insideā€¦

Thanks for the suggestions in the meantime !

How important is a screen on the actual unit? Chances are it will be the other side of the room, and too small to be very useful, and there will be a proper screen view that actually controls any streamer from an iPad or phone.

2 Likes

The Aurelic Aries is a nice option.

2 Likes

Dear All,
just to inform that I found an opportunity for a napsc 2 demo.
With the addition of the Napsc 2 to what I already have (as per my profile) and having the system on my Q4 as shown in the photo

I ask you a couple of things:

1. since I donā€™t want to put the napsc 2 on the floor, is it better to move the nap 200Dr from the fourth to the third shelf and put the Napsc 2 together with the external power supply of the Chord Hugo TT2 dac on the fourth/lowest shelf?
  2. how to best connect the four power sockets to the Matrix 2 power strip, starting from the one closest to the wall socket: cd transport, dac, Nap and Napsc as the last and most far from the others, is it correct?

Thank you,
David

The usual advice is to put the NAPSC on the floor at a distance from the rack. Quite why a little box like that is considered so evil, Iā€™m not sure. Mine never seemed to cause any trouble when I squeezed it under the rack, hidden from view but actually very close to the lower shelf of the rack. I would be more concerned about the TT2 power supply, and even the TT2 itself. Chord are unashamedly SMPS users, and they do warn that their devices are best kept away from boxes that use toroidal transformers like Naimā€™s.

Thanks @ChrisSU!
What about point 2), any suggestion?

David