ATC 11s v Neat Motive SX1s with Uniti Star

Many thanks - that’s really interesting & I guess says something very positive about ATC quality !

Thank you - very interesting - I’m getting excellent info from this forum - much appreciated.

In a room of similar square footage but slightly different shape I’m driving the SCM19s with a Nova. Most of my listening is at low to moderate volume–almost exclusively classical–and the sound is rich yet very clear and detailed. I basically love them. I agree that they look a bit “industrial” but I’ve become used to that look (I didn’t say I’ve come to love it!). BTW you’re making a fine move with Naim. Years ago I had a Linn Classik (I like it simple) which I replaced with a Uniti Lite. I recently replaced the Lite with a Star AND a Nova. Outstanding gear. (Just don’t expect the Star to be your final solution for CD ripping).

1 Like

Many thanks Shirazsun
‘Sounds’ like I’d better get saving for even more Naim spending !
Cheers

My study is 6 feet x 14 feet with a sloping ceiling 4 feet t0 9 feet high. I have my old NDX with digital feed to Chord DAVE controlling ATC 40 Active speakers. Beguiling, wonderful sound, such clarity, natural balance and control, the closed box poses no problem in this small room, they are sited with backs to the longest wall. Obviously it would be better in a bigger room but near field listening has its own attractions. I know it’s a lot of money but I have long since forgotten the price. DAVE is every bit as good as the reviews and bass from the ATC’s is remarkable for its size. Even my dealer says there is nothing to touch this combination for the price. I am a very happy bunny.
Lucy.

1 Like

Many thanks for your input Lucy - much appreciated.

You describe exactly what I’m looking for “Beguiling, wonderful sound, such clarity, natural balance and control”, albeit the ATC 40s might just be a bit too large physically for my man-cave !

Thanks
Steve

Yes, that was me :grinning:. But as the OP has already tried both and preferred the 11s, that’s all that matters.

Given all that’s been said about the ProAc Tablette 10s, I would definitely add those to the list. Shame they weren’t available when I was last auditioning speakers, but I hope to hear a pair at some point.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.