ATC SCM50 Burr Magnolia High Gloss

Good evening all. My delivery came today. Hope you find the images here as pleasing as I’m finding the audible quality of these stunning brothers! How many NAIM shadows can you see on the reflective gloss finish? :sunglasses:

57 Likes

Absolutely love these, but SWMBO has vetoed :cry:

1 Like

Things of beauty!

2 Likes

Fantastic! Dream speakers.

2 Likes

Handsome. Very nice and interesting wood. My grandmother had a magnolia tree on her driveway that was easy for a kid to climb. It taught me my limits at 7 and taught my siblings, too. It has never occurred to me to use it for a speaker veneer.

No never truly means No. I would hope you could work it out with a compromise. My wife and I never tell each other No. Bad form around here. Exchange suggestions and work it out.

Good luck.

4 Likes

fantastic!!

2 Likes

Wow…love the way they look. How they sounding?

1 Like

Thanks. Early days so just running them in but a joy to listen to music through them. I did have a pair on demo for a few weeks so knew what to expect. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Beekeeper, they look stunning in that finish. Now it’ll be time for patience with breaking them in :+1:t3: Enjoy Peter

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m just listening to Lucinda Chia’s new album (YIAN) and the decay on her vocals is epic already. Only had them playing for about 4 hours so far :grimacing:

4 Likes

Lucinda Chua!

Nice soothing music with a sprinkling of London Grammar through the nicely saturated 75mm dome :beers: ATB Peter

1 Like

Yes Peter! Absolutely. Right up my street with London Grammar :slight_smile:

2 Likes

London grammar really showcases atc speakers my scm40 passive are sublime with vocals, London grammar, enya, eva Cassidy. I would imagine your scm 50s are absolutely stunning :grinning:. Not jealous :thinking::thinking: nope not me :pensive:. Lovely speakers Beekeeper

4 Likes

Thanks. They’re just being run-in but sound sublime. I had the passive 40’s btw and have we just traded them in for the 50’s. Before I demo’s the 50’s I thought the 40’s were the best speakers on the market at their price-point. They are acoustically superior to speakers twice their price!
The 50’s are amazing. I’m not rich and we’re not rich as a family so I’ve taken a loan out for them.

3 Likes

I love the way the hark back to an earlier era of hi-fi with their uncompromising style. My dealer reckons if Naim still made speaker they would sound like ATC’s. In fact, I went down to the factory to have my DBL drive units re-foamed. A quirky place and a bit like Naim in the early days.

3 Likes

That’s a great anecdote re the factory. I’m hoping to arrange a tour this year sometime. Thanks for sharing!
To your point about Naim and ATC whilst I realise there must have been good reason to join forces with FOCAL there surely is an argument to be had that ATC and Naim would have been a perfect match!

3 Likes

1 Like

Exactly this.

1 Like

Fabulous. Congratulations. Would love to see them with daylight on them, to see the full effect! :pray:t4: