Atom Firmware Update 3.8.3

Yes, Naim usually drop an email announcement regarding the firmware update and Richard adds a post on here with the details. I am holding off for now.

I saw this update on my Atom, but not on NDX2. Out of curiosity (or possibly stupidity) I ran the update, and it seems to work. I was half expecting to see a Focal logo on the screen, but fortunately it seems to be normal.
Although the Atom works, the app was unable to see it so I had to run through the setup routine again.

2 Likes

Yep, that’s the one i’ve got

1 Like

Am on iOS

Me too. iPad

Hi all,

We have released a 3.8.3 patch release for Uniti Atom only. This release contains a minor stability update for users of late 2022 Uniti Atoms only.

Users of earlier Uniti Atoms are welcome to install the release or disregard it.

Many thanks,
Will

6 Likes

got the update on my atom. Im hesitant to update it though considering the issues each new update seems to create. At the moment my atom is working fine once more like it was when i first got it.

Is this update for the Atom HE? When I check for updates, my HE reports up to date with v3.7………?

Thanks for any thoughts.

KR, J

I refer you to Will’s post a few up from this one.

Thanks David, Saw that but remained somewhat confused - when is an Atom not an Atom, answer - when it’s an HE. Never quite sure how much of the HE is the Atom, but, by inference, not so much.

Obvious answer really is to check for updates and if none shown, leave well alone :innocent:.

Thanks again,

KR, J

I think as Will said it’s a stability release for late 2022 Atoms and it’s optional for other Atoms, unless you have a late production Atom that has an odd problem, then don’t worry if it’s not being offered to you! You will get it eventually if it’s at all relevant as it will be incorporated into the general firmware from now on.

The differences between the HE and regular Atom arein the preamp and outputs, not the streaming board.

I did the 3.8.3 update in the Atom, now the mid ranges are very sharp and lost some bass. Bought my Atom this year, anyone else have this problem?

Have you tried resetting the unit after the update?

I unplugged it for 30 minutes, no help…should I do a factory reset, if I should what’s the procedure?

It’s in Naim’s online advice for the UnitiAtom or you can Google Naim Atom Factory Reset and find it that way.

If I do a factory reset can I make things worse?

Reset is quite safe.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.