Atom & Headline 2

I am enjoying the headphone experience with my new Atom. After the break-in period it has settled into a level of SQ that is quite pleasing. My listening sources are primarily hi-res from a Core and Qobuz. Headphones are Grado PS500e’s.

To my ears, the Core/Atom provides exceptional detail, a quiet background and of course tons of (the dreaded word) musicality. What I am looking for is a bit more depth and up front presence.

My question is: does anyone have experience using a Headline with an Atom?

Thanks in advance.

It’s not possible. It has no fixed line out. You could theoretically take a variable pre out to the headline but it isn’t recommended as you’d have to disable the power amp section each time.

Better off getting headphones that don’t show the limitations of the built in headphone amp.

With the Atom the only way to disable the output without using mute is to physically unplug the speakers.

Thank you. Didn’t realize that about the pre-out on the Atom. That makes sense b/c the Atom is marketed as a compact, all-in-one solution.

I’m in the process of setting up a headphone amp in my media room, where I have a Nova. I’m going to use my spare Uniti2 as a streamer directly out to the headphone amp, as that is the only option without getting another dedicated streamer.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.