Atom power amp upgrade?

Good choice, let us know how it sounds when you’ve got it up and running.

I used to own the R500’s with a unitiqute2. You would certainly benefit from a bigger amp. The R500’s love current. Mine ended up on a Supernait2 before I upgraded them and they were very much at home with the Supernait2’s grunt. Low level listening was transformed also. I would look more at the 250 over the 200.

Congratulations @Installer…Nova is an awesome system, it will give the KEF’s a good kick in the guts. Happy running in, enjoy!

Power is one thing, a good power supply is another. I have made the experience that the quality of the power cable is essential for superior sound, especially for bass. Before upgrading your Atom I would try a very good AC power cable, like AudioQuest Monsoon e.g. Power cables need about a week to burn in. How much power you need depends on how loud you want to hear your music. If you like to hear loud, than an amp makes sense. Again, with a superb AC power cable

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.