Atom problem or?

Hello ive nitice on Uniti Atom when i go standby on app or i press power button i hear few clucks and button flash few times white colour then turn off, ive try pull out power cable and same happend, when i powwer on hear triple click sound from naim…

From your description sounds like the normal behaviour of a the Atom, Star and Nova at switch on to me.

1 Like

The clucks is most probably the relays switching on. Nothing to worry about.

1 Like

https://s.amsu.ng/RkxGUpEJmQxN

See how it looks

Difficult to say as I no longer have an Atom. It does sound loud. Someone else with an Atom will have to check theirs for you.

On another note - have you thought about getting a platform and some iso feet? The unit is going to amplifier any sound/vibrations coming from the Atom. Have a look in the Chrome Bumper thread and my posts.

Hi Aleksandar,

I see! So thanks for the video, that is NOTHING to worry about. The new UnitiRange (your Atom) has a feature when powering on it will have a couple of click sounds - this is the units EUP board opening the relay channels upon startup. This is normal and common across the range. I was thinking by your descrription it was something else - but that is perfectly normal.

Kind regards,

My office Atom clicks as well when going into standby. As far as I know, this is just relays operating and perfectly normal. In my main system, I have a streamer/preamp which has a relay operated resistor-ladder volume control. This is quite a bit louder when I alter the volume, but once set the relays are completely silent and out of circuit.

Enjoy your Atom.

Roger

Listening to your video I would say it normal for the Atom, Star and Nova. My Star sounds very similar.

Mine clicks in on and off. So think that’s normal

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.