Atom snr and thd

Hello,

I am considering purchasing an Atom (it’s in my shortlist with a couple of other candidates from other manufacturers). As part of my comparison, I am interested in finding out Naim’s claim for the snr and thd specs for the Atom. My other candidates publish this on their websites, but Naim don’t. I have spent listening to the Atom at my local dealer, and noticed the white noise from the listening position, which concerned me. But I don’t know whether it will be the same at home on my speakers. So would like to see Naim’s specs for this. I believe the thd is very low, so it’s more curiosity for that one.

Have sent the same question to Naim support but not heard back in a couple of days.

Thanks in advance,

Will

The hiss is very common trait of Naim amplification they all do it to some extent it’s a trade off of getting it so pure, how much it shows up is down to the sensitivity of the speakers. I only notice it when in AV fixed volume as the power amp is at max volume.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.