Atom switches itself ON

Hi,

since a few weeks my Atom would switch ON by itself. I’d listen to Spotify, then pause, Atom switches off after some minutes and then - just like that - it switches ON. Doesn’t play music, at least, but still - annoying. Any ideas? Thank you!

Is the remote in a known safe place and are you sure that no button gets inadvertently pressed?

To rule out any commands coming from the app, does it happen if your phone is off or the apps (Naim and Spotify) exited?

Might there be another mobile device in the network where the Naim app is installed?

Did anyone ever connect to your Atom from the Spotify app on their mobile device? (Even if this device is not in your network anymore)

My Nova started doing that after a software update. Removing the power chord for 5 minutes did the trick. Six months later it repeated the behaviour. Same remedy. It has been fine since.

Probably not the root cause, but worth checking: If I put the Bluetooth setting to detectable on my Muso QB, and pull my phone out of standby with BT on -after having recently paired it, the Qb switches itself on automatically. I haven’t done it often enough to figure out if it does so always, since I rarely play anything over BT. I’ve also never tried that on my Uniti Star…

Is the remote in a known safe place and are you sure that no button gets inadvertently pressed?
:slight_smile: Yes

To rule out any commands coming from the app, does it happen if your phone is off or the apps (Naim and Spotify) exited?
My phone is never off, just with Spotify paused. There might be a command coming out the app - BUT - Atom switches on, but it doesn’t play any music. It’s just ON.

Might there be another mobile device in the network where the Naim app is installed?
Yes, but this other device is in a blocked screen mode when the ON happens.

Did anyone ever connect to your Atom from the Spotify app on their mobile device? (Even if this device is not in your network anymore)
Yes.

Thank you, I’ll try that. The simplest solutions are often the best…

Thanks, although I’ve never paired the Atom via Bluetooth, so this won’t be it. Thanks, anyway!

The remote slipping into a gap in the couch happened before, so best to rule that out :slight_smile:

The app questions were desperate attempts to be entirely sure that rogue commands aren’t being sent due to some bug or other, because who knows. Even if it only turns on (from standby) without playing music - that’s exactly what choosing the “Room” in the app does, at least with the Android app.

Regarding Spotify, if your answer really meant “yes, other people connected the Spotify app on their phone to my Atom in the past”, be aware that they can control your Atom from anywhere on the internet, not just when they are in your local network. It’s a Spotify behavior and led to “ghosts in my streamer” issues before

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.