Atom Uniti Headphones Edition

If you have use the headphones button on the HE you can happily leave the headphones connected.

1 Like

I’ve been using my HE with my Devialet 250 on pass through as a power amp and it’s sounds excellent. A big step up from the Devialet alone in terms of soundstage, bass and timing. Planning on getting a 222/250 but wondering if 222/300 and keep the Devialet on power might be better babe for the buck?

1 Like

A 250 will make your HE so much more vibrant, lifelike and alive (vs the Devialet), of course in my experience.

The HE+250 gives you 90-95% of 222-250 for streaming only (also, again, in my experience, at present I do own and use both the HE and 222 at home).

3 Likes

Thanks. I’m getting the 222 as I have a Vertere DG1 and a couple hundred LPs. Also I want the HE back in the office. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good plan!:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Another last thought about the upgrade of the Atom HE… in your opinion, would a second-hand NAP 250 be a better fit with the Atom HE (used as a streamer and a preamp), or would the Nait 5SI be better (as an integrated amp, but thus making the HE’s preamp unused)? I guess both would cost appox the same amount (and I heard a Nait 5SI this afternoon at a friend’s, sounded pretty cool)…

If a 250 is too expensive, get a 200 not a Nait 5si. Atom HE & 200 / 250 is really something.

Naits are great - I love them and have 2 of them but a 250 amp is a major step up.

2 Likes

Yes, definitely the 250 (or 200) for me too. The HE has a very good preamp.

1 Like

You would not be leaving the Atom preamp unused. You cannot bypass it, so by adding an integrated amp you are putting the signal through two preamps and juggling two volume controls.
Better to spend your money on just a power amp.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.