Attendance at FA Cup Semi-Finals

Does anyone acutally know the reason why there were a reported 20k empty seats at the Citech v Sheff. Utd. Wembley semi-final? I understand the possible reasons - cost, travel, fatigue etc - but am interested particularly in what category of ticket was not taken up.

As a Man U supporter, I have been lucky enough to get membership tickets for the FA and Europa quarter finals and the Carabao semi final but didn’t get a sniff of either of our Wembley games - United’s allocation probably was taken up by one of our season ticket categories - fair enough. I suspect the unused tickets were from outside the individual club allocations but obviously don’t know. I’m not against using Wembley as the semi-final venue but would like to see a fairer allocation to each club.

As an aside, well done to Sheff. Utd. Combining a semi-final run with being on the verge of automatic promotion is some achievement.

Yeah I was intrigued by that. I think a number of factors but how much were the tickets? And the cost of getting there?

I was there yesterday. There were a lot of gaps in the second tier all the way round. These are the most expensive seats. So I think it’s an affordability issue.

We had some great seats towards the back of level 1, priced at £80 each.

My son insisted that I shouldn’t get the most expensive seats. He says they are for day trippers and that no seasoned fan would want to be in an area with no atmosphere.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.