I am considering to buy Audio Physic Classic 3 speakers (compact/bookshelf) and want to combine it with a Uniti device. I am not sure which one to choose.
The context is:
- we do want a compact system, both speakers as well as system
- we use Spotify and are trying Tidal now
- i do have CDs, but I think after I have ripped them, I do not need a CD player anymore
We listened at the dealer at three speaker setups:
- Dynaudio Evoke 10 - bit muffled
- Monitor Audio (I think it was the silver 50) - good but not great
- Audio Physic Classic 3 - we loved it
We hooked up the audio physic with both atom and star. Star provided more detailed and dynamic sound.
My considerations are:
- Atom has all I need function wise
- Star sounds better but I do not need the CD ripper
- Buying the Nova would be “unbalanced” with the speakers we have tested (that’s the dealers advice).
The dealer is bringing the star with the audio physics to our home for testing in about 2 weeks.
Any comments from more experienced Naim users on the above?