Audio Racks besides Fraim

Have quadraspire double wide svt and their wall-mount for the tt. Looks and works fine. Not sure what simracks even look like, but in the states, I think salamander designs make some of the best looking (almost furniture-like) racks. I don’t think they offer top-notch sq, but as in all things trade-offs have to be made.

It’s looking more and more like a Quadraspire SVT. I really need shelves that are fairly deep and a simple design. I like the Simrack but not sold in the US. The Fraim has fairly shallow shelves and its crazy expensive in the US. Still looking though.

Box Furniture racks are worth looking at – and made in Brooklyn, NY.

They are very very nice and rather expensive. I owned one, but circumstances forced me to sell it.

I have a Salamander that I no longer use. I’m not impressed by it. Mostly rubbish for the price, IMO. Fit is good. Finish is crappy. The varnish chips and flakes if you put it downwind of a fart. :wink:

@JosquinDesPrez. That’s funny! Salamander is pretty cheaply made.

+1 for Isoblue.

The SVT is excellent and it’s what I had before getting the Fraim I currently use. If getting the SVT then go for the bamboo version, which sounds considerably better than the standard finishes. The shelves are solid bamboo rather than veneered board and are beautifully finished. If you did want Fraim then you may find some secondhand, but I imagine that’s less likely in the US.

Quadraspire SVT 2 here in Bamboo and as HH says sounds better than the standard finishes go for the bronze upgrade if you can.

Very well made and finished easy to assemble well my dealer made I look easy ?

Have you contacted Simon at Simrack - he would probably ship directly to you.

Artesania makes a very good rack. Multiple levels of decoupling engineered into the design, adjustable levels, beautiful fit and finish.

4 Likes

For where you don’t have a lot of space and need something compact but functional: Hutter (from Austria)

1 Like

Quadraspire X reference looks amazing in my opinion.

I went ahead with the SolidSteel
S3-4 It’s built well and it was reasonably priced. I really didn’t want to spend big bucks.

If I had to choose a rack today, it would be the Simrack. Beautiful and effective, at a reasonable cost.
If money would not be a limit, probably the HRS.

The Simrack is very nice looking. I will say I’m not a fan of glass shelves. Glass rings and resonates if it’s tapped. So then one has to use little balls or sorbothane to dampen the shelves. The HRS racks are nice but crazy expensive, the Finite Elementa is nice, Box Furniture, the SRA racks are super, as are the Stillpoints rack… All are expensive…

You could go a Magico MRack.

Only $42,000 (US) for 4 shelves.

2 Likes

Hahahaha…

Finite elemente would be my first choice, and I had the idea to purchase one in the past. But some members have tried it and found it was not a good match with Naim. So went on Fraimlite, and some isolation devices I have.
The Simrack is a bit like the Fraim, but nicer to my eyes. I really doubt it will ring, the shelves are thick, and decoupled.
SRA, HRS, Stillpoints, Critical Mass , Artesamia, are indeed too expensive. But on another level than a Fraim, which is relatively simple vs the later racks, and a bit expensive for what it is.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.